How Many Applactions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ottawaapplefan, Feb 22, 2009.

1. macrumors member

How many applactions can you get on the 32gb.

2. macrumors 65816

SLC Flyfishing

Not enough to fill it up, not even close.

The largest apps I've seen are like 70 megabytes (there's probably some that are larger, but I haven't seen them yet) and I believe you only get 9 pages of applications. meaning that even if you installed nothing but 70 megabyte average size apps (most that I've installed are less than 5 megabytes) then you can't go over 9 GB of applications on the touch at any given time.

It might be different if you jailbreak it, I'm not familiar with doing that. But if it's a 2G then jailbreaking isn't really that practical right now anyway.

If you have a 32 GB touch, you really can't expect to have less than 20 GB of room for music and video after you fill it with apps.

I've got the 32, it's fantastic :D

SLC

3. macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

even if you jialbroke it and used folders you still probaly couldt fill it up

4. macrumors 6502

marold280

5. macrumors regular

16 per page 9 pages is 144 plus the 4 in your dock brings the grand total to 148.

6. macrumors 65816

SLC Flyfishing

But you've gotta account for Safari, Mail, Calendar, Contacts, YouTube, Stocks, Maps, Weather, Clock, Calculator, Settings, and App Store. The basic ones that come pre-installed and AFAIK can't be removed.

So really it's more like 135.

SLC