Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many Apple Stores have you been to?

• I've never been to an Apple Store

Votes: 16 9.6%

Votes: 30 18.1%

Votes: 45 27.1%

Votes: 20 12.0%
  • 4-5

Votes: 36 21.7%
  • 6-7

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • 8-9

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • 10 and up (aka. lost count!)

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters

BanjoBanker

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2006
Mt Brook, AL
CorvusCamenarum said:
Nor I. :( the closest store is Atlanta (3+ hours). The closest reseller is Huntsville, AL (2+ hours). Big box retailers don't count since I won't ever patronize them if I can help it. I tried to do business with the Huntsville shop when I bought my MBP, but they gave me such a hard time that I gave up on them.

I really wish they'd put a retail shop in Birmingham, but I guess a metro area of over 1.2 million just isn't large enough for them to consider.

There are two resellers in Birmingham. Cafe Mac and Perry Computer. Both are authorized to do warranty repair. Cafe Mac is open on Saturday. Actually, they are in Homewood now that I think about it.:rolleyes:
Cafe Mac is my preference, their customer service is more Apple like, and you can get a cup of coffee and use their wireless while you are there!:cool:

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
So far I have been to 4.

I have been to every Apple store in the state of Missouri (Des Peres Mall, St. Louis Galleria, and Kansas City) and the Michgan Ave. store in Chicago.

I try to hit one wherever I go, just to go. :D

I look forward to one day visiting the Apple mothership as well.

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
By apple stores you mean official stuff??? not the local PC shop that has a mac in the window? In that case 1! The old NY store, went there on my holiday to the USA in January! I dont think the stores here in South Africa are official "Apple Stores"!

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
CorvusCamenarum said:
I tried to do business with the Huntsville shop when I bought my MBP, but they gave me such a hard time that I gave up on them.
Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with them. I like those guys and have bought a couple of Macs (my wife's iBook, and my MacBook) through them.

I've been to the SoHo store, and to the mini-store in the Green Hills mall in Nashville. Unless plans change, I'll probably get to visit the new 5th Avenue store when we're in New York this November.

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
1. Kansas City, MO
2. Plano (whatever the name of that mall is)
3. Seattle
4. Regent Street, London
5. Dallas Northpark

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
letsgorangers said:
memphis and nashville.
BanjoBanker said:
Nashville, TN
Lyle said:
I've been to the SoHo store, and to the mini-store in the Green Hills mall in Nashville.
We should have had a party when I was at the Green Hills store a couple of weeks ago!

How does the Memphis store compare with the Nashville one?

waynesun

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2006
three, the menlo park store, the one in bridgewater commons, and a real crappy one in taiwan. i was instant messaged by an apple store rep a few years back, some bastard must have added my sn. "ars###@mac

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2005
I've been to my local store in NJ in the mall. This December I plan to go to the wonderful Apple Cube on 5th Ave. :)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Two for me - the Store in Vegas (forget exactly where it was) and the SoHo Store in NY, which is where I bought my 3G iPOd a couple years ago! Too bad we don't have more stores here in Canada. :(

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
2 for me, Birmingham and Regent Street (London)

It was crazy how busy they were especially as I have gone in the week, much more so that the surrounding shops.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
2 here
  • Bridgewater, NJ
  • Freehold, NJ

Haven't been to "the cube" yet, which is odd since it's a quick train ride- soon enough. The other two are near my work and near my parents house, respectively.

j26

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
Paddyland
Regent Street, London (fantastic)

Amsterdam (a bit crap), but that may have been a reseller

letsgorangers

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2006
TN
Doctor Q said:
We should have had a party when I was at the Green Hills store a couple of weeks ago!

How does the Memphis store compare with the Nashville one?

i've only been in the nashville one twice. both times, i thought it was incredibly crowded. but then again, it is in a mall. a very upscale mall! but all in all, it seems like a nice store. i'm going to graduate school outside of nashville, so if my macbook breaks, i guess i'll be seeing more of it.

the one in the memphis area is my main store. it's crowded too, but doesn't seem as crowded as the nashville store. most of the employees are very polite, though i have had a bad experience with one of the geniuses there. this is the store where i bought my ipod years ago and my macbook this summer, along with all accessories and cases for both things. i think it is set up better than the one in nashville. that's probably why it seems less crowded. our genius bar is in the back, so it's not in the way of people trying to look at computers and vice versa. and the cash register is in the front of the store. ipods and the area where children can play on computers is on the right. computers on the left. software, cases, accessories, etc. in the middle.

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
sometimes living in Canada blows.....

sure we don't invade countries, and kill at will.....but we don't have hardly any Apple Stores!

....what do we have like...3? two in Toronto probably...

I don't even know, all I do know is there in no Apple Store where I'm at....so I've never been to one, seen one...nada...

and that blows.

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
1. Dallas - Knox Street
2. London - Regent Street

that's it. :\

Dear Steve -
We'd like an Apple Store in Louisiana. We don't care which city - you can choose that.

Thanks -
The Residents of Louisiana.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Only been to 1, the West County store in St. Louis.

I walked right in front of the one at Pentagon City Mall in DC a few months back, but was short on money and told my sister, if neccesary, use phyiscal force to stop me from going in. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.