Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ftwr

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2015
Hi guys,i would love your opinion of this stat of my battery

Charge Information:
Charge Remaining (mAh): 6440
Fully Charged: Yes
Charging: No
Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 6670
Health Information:
Cycle Count: 0
Condition: Normal
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): 0
Voltage (mV): 12759

i changed this battery 4 days ago and also as you can see below is it bad that maximum charge going down all the time?
i was told that it's ok to leave my macbook plugged in all the time but once a month use it with battery power until 40% and recharge,is that all right?thanks guys.

NvleCn4.png

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hi guys,i would love your opinion of this stat of my battery

i changed this battery 4 days ago and also as you can see below is it bad that maximum charge going down all the time?
i was told that it's ok to leave my macbook plugged in all the time but once a month use it with battery power until 40% and recharge,is that all right?thanks guys.
Your battery is fine. It is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. The gradual decline is not in a straight line downward, and it may decline more rapidly at some times and slower at others. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link. Just run on battery when you need to and charge when you can.
The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

Reactions: ftwr

ftwr

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2015
Your battery is fine. It is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. The gradual decline is not in a straight line downward, and it may decline more rapidly at some times and slower at others. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link. Just run on battery when you need to and charge when you can.
The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.
Thanks a bunch mate,really appreciate it,i was kinda worried that maximum charge going down,cheers,and the link you've provided is interesting read,thanks.

Fabmac

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2017
is there a time (age limit) on that

I have a 2007 Santa Rosa 2.4 MBP 3,1 A1226 that has been unused in a cupboard for three years..cycle count 108. Freebie that I got working again

Not had chance to use it yet..if battery is poor but 108 cycles I guess Apple are not going to replace that !! :)
Apple MacBook 10K549
1010 cycles, 84% 111 month old
Problem officer ?

Last edited:

BEaContribution

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2009
Wow that's a lot of cycles! Most I've ever seen.

My cycle count is about to go over 2300. I guess my macbook gets a little use. I hope it survives...can't afford a replacement!
So my battery has this "replace soon" which I bolded below that's been up there for a while (not sure how long). What I'm seeing is that it will likely be a gradual loss of charging power. I think a full charge lasts about an hour at this point...
System Report:
Cell Revision: 158
Charge Information:
Charge Remaining (mAh): 1552
Fully Charged: No
Charging: No
Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 3496
Health Information:
Cycle Count: 2298
Condition: Replace Soon
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): -1597 [it's now 2031 while connected]
Voltage (mV): 10980

Last edited by a moderator:

xjeeguj

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2018
Wow that's a lot of cycles! Most I've ever seen.

Definitely don't go ebay batteries etc. Way too many problems with bad ones. They can also be very dangerous. Exploding, burning... lot's of stuff.

Whenever you hear about batteries blowing up it's almost always from the cheap ones.
[doublepost=1522298089][/doublepost]Mine is running since 2011, I am keeping it 100% all the time. once in a week i reboot it to drain full charging. my battery status has slipped from normal to replace soon. I shall hold this for few more months and but OWC battery.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 11.30.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 11.30.23 PM.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 268
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.