Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
Ok, so I did a clean install just to see what it was like (I'm trying to learn every detail about macs) and when I went into iDVD, I found out the easy install only installed 5.0 themes. So I installed the older themes off the recovery discs...and am curious how many things there are to install on it that are somewhat important...I know of the Office 2004 test drive...but is there anything else the easy install didn't install (such as extra garageband loops...or any extras in programs)

Just curious and trying to learn as much as possible about macs.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Couldn't you just go back to the install disk(s) and see select Custom Install to see what's there that you don't have? Have you got apps like AppleWorks and WorldBook installed? :)

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
To clear up my original post...I tried twice with looking through the settings when I was doing a clean restore, and had all the boxes checked off for all the iDVD material. However, two times in a row, I keep coming up with only iDVD 5 themes and no 3 and 4 ones...unless I do this manually using spotlight. When I got the computer with everything preinstalled...all the themes were on there, but as soon as I do a clean restore, I have to do the rest manually. Just wondering if this is normal or not, and I was wondering if anybody had anything else that supposedly was installed, but had to do it off the restore discs anyway...should have made that more clear in my original post.

mad jew: I'm doing a basic software install which is pretty much everything except for a trial version of microsoft works, x11, all the appleworks languages, and some Tues Comptes Fuits which who knows what it is...everything else should be installed...just curious if anybody else had to restore there old themes in iDVD 5 manually as well.

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
922 said:
I was under the impression that Tiger didn't include iDVD.

iDVD is not included with Tiger. You need to buy iLfe in order to get it. If iLife came with your computer, then you would have to use the restore disc(s) ro reload.

DaftUnion- It isn't necessary to *bump* your thread. It's generally frowned upon here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.