Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Heart Break Kid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2003
Toronto
cmon - for all of those who have had it for a while, how many people have wet there pants in starbucks or a sandwhich shop or at work or school when you wip (very carfully) your baby out. chuck, im not talkin bout chloe. :D..lets hope u remember that she goes in the stroller and the Powerbook goes in the case...not the other way around..though if it were me, id be confused also

seriously though
i think im in love here...my pb is just beautiful. loaded up final cut express, adobe photoshop and a bunch of other stuff

it still screams

any1 else find burning a full 90 min dvd movie takes ...a damn long itme?

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
i've had people ask about my iBook. its kind of like having a dog at a park. Its quite good for picking up girls sometimes. It really depends on the girl tho.

orangefoodie

macrumors member
Well, I got my Sophie ... four days ago? And I've spent all that time just getting to know her --- being my first mac and all. (Yup, I'm a switcher too.) Watching DVD's is simply amazing... I'm simply in love with her. Even spent a few nights together in bed. :p

Tomorrow! I will take her outside, on her first stroll through the jungles of Ann Arbor, and I will pull it out in Espresso Royale. I wait to see the reactions. :D

PS: Chuck, make sure not to misplace the baby in your powerbook case, lest she end up like Jack in 'The Vital Importance of Being Earnest' :)

Heart Break Kid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2003
Toronto
lol

to be honest ive had a few stoppers - one guy who wanted a tour of os x

and lots of females who wanted to watch whatever movie i had on along with

had a few lousy pro-wintel ppl who stopped and were like - wheres ur office...its useless

its soo sad that they couldnt shut up for 1 sek so i could point to my freaking dock

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
orangefoodie,

heh. you're from ann arbor also, eh? hope you are enjoying your 17". i recently switched also (beg. Feb.) though i didn't quite go "all the way" like you did... got myself a 12". size does not matter, people. or so they say. :D

macguymike

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2003
California
Re: how many wintel users stopped and asked you if they could check out ur 17" PB?

Don't have a 17" but my 12" gets its fair share of attention from the fairer sex and otherwise. I take it on campus with me and always, always, always break it out when I break for lunch, just to see what kind of reactions I'll get (plus we have an AirPort network hooked up to the internet around the main food court :D ). :)

I've had reactions varying from "Cute." to "I want one." to "It really gets 2-3 hours of battery time??"

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
8 guys this weekend @ teh grove.
it was great...i was sitting in front of the apple store just surfin the net before my movie started and like everyone was staring at the 12" pb in the window...then to the locked glass doors...then to the iMac...then to me and the 17" pb...then to the giant next to me with the 12" pb...then back to the apple store windows :D

digitalgiant

macrumors regular
May 29, 2002
Knoxville Tenneesse
Hey I grew up in Ann Arbor!! What part are you living in? Going to school at the UofM? Cool town,, the hash bash is always fun;)

Tomorrow! I will take her outside, on her first stroll through the jungles of Ann Arbor, and I will pull it out in Espresso Royale. I wait to see the reactions. :D

iDork

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2003
OC/California
When I whipped out my Powerbook 17", one girl walked up and said, "Whoa, that's big!" and I said; "Oh, yeah it's my new Powerbook 17" from Apple"; and she says "No, not that". :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.