Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geese

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2003
London, UK
I've got my heart set on buying an iBook, but i need to know how much i can get for my eMac, bought in April 2004:

Specs: Combo drive, 512 Ram, Panther, 32mb Graphics card, nice Macally Icemouse, and a USB bluetooth module.

Looking on eBay I reckon I could get about 350 pounds for it, as a stretch. Is that fair (please say i can get more!?!?!?!)

Also, I've not got the box for it anymore, making delivery via post really difficult. Do you reckon I could get a box for it easily? I need my iBook otherwise my life will be a bit :(

Danke Shone

Anyone replying to this thread can have a Gmail invite if they want- PM me.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Since a new eMac costs £549 with better specs, I don't think you'd get any more than £350 but it does always depend on the buyer that's out there!

Is it the model just before the upgrade which still has USB 1.0 ports or the one that was upgraded around that time

geese

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2003
London, UK
Applespider said:
Since a new eMac costs £549 with better specs, I don't think you'd get any more than £350 but it does always depend on the buyer that's out there!

Is it the model just before the upgrade which still has USB 1.0 ports or the one that was upgraded around that time

Its the USB 2.0 one. The only real difference between the this and the current eMacs is that my processor speed is 1.25ghz. And Grafix card.

Oh, its got a tilt 'n' swivel as well.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
you will be looking at 350-450 if i were you i would start the auction at about £350 for seven days and see where it takes you..

ShadoW

L

Lau

I'd think about starting it lower - say £250 at the most. You'll get much more interest and bids that way. And you pay lower listing fees. Just don't start it lower than you can afford to get for it. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.