Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How much space have you used on your iMac?

• Total voters

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
I've used 36GB on my 1TB Fusion Drive, with all the applications I need right now.

I don't expect to go much higher unless I decide to start loading a few pointless things onto it.

Edit: Damn...can't edit the poll to say "1000GB+" can I? :(

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
If I download every item I own on iTunes, then that would easily be 3T. And if I wanted every game I have purchased digitally stored locally, then I may need another 3TB drive. All in all, I would need over 5TB at least.

However that said I'm happily living a cloud driven lifestyle so my 1.1TB Fusion drive will perfectly suffice. :cool:

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
I am curious... why is this important to know? What possible insight could you get from a poll like this that would be useful for anything?

CrossoverDoc

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
I am curious... why is this important to know? What possible insight could you get from a poll like this that would be useful for anything?

He's probably just curious to see why people need over 1TB, seeing as he only has used 36 gigs. I know myself personally will have a relatively low amount of gigs used if my 27" iMac ever gets here. I have a little over 16 gigs in iTunes, and seeing someone with 640gb?!?! That blew my mind. To that poster, what portion of that is shows/movies?

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
He's probably just curious to see why people need over 1TB, seeing as he only has used 36 gigs. I know myself personally will have a relatively low amount of gigs used if my 27" iMac ever gets here. I have a little over 16 gigs in iTunes, and seeing someone with 640gb?!?! That blew my mind. To that poster, what portion of that is shows/movies?

Let's see. My iTunes is 360 GBs. About 100 GBs of that is my entire collection of CDs ripped in Apple Lossless. 240 GBs is courses from iTunesU and the rest is made up of a couple of movies and series. I have ripped all of my DVDs and BRs into mkv files and I compress some of them and keep them in iTunes to put onto the iPad and iPhone. My entire movie and series collection is about 8 TBs sitting on a NAS. I then have a Pegasus R4 and a Lacie 2Big for working with FCP X.

Just all of my apps and OS X take up about 60 GBs and then another 60 GBs is reserved for bootcamp.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012

Because it's interesting.

36GB seems like a very low amount. I could get the 100GB storage plan for Dropbox and be able to backup everything online, it would be awkward, but possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.