Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evamoree

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2016
Basically looking to upgrade my 5s and am curious to see how much the 6s will go down by when the 7 is released (guestimate). Also, I'm a UKer so the amount they decrease in dollars may not be much use as Apple don't follow exchange rates (otherwise the iPhone SE would be £100 cheaper than it is XD).

Matthew.H

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2015
Norwich, UK
Probably not by much if the headphone jack is removed from the 7. Most people I see listening to music when I'm out are still using wired headphones. It wouldn't surprise me if demand for used 6S and 6S Plus models went up if the rumours about iPhone 7 turn out to be true.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Are you asking about a new phone or a used one? If new, I'd look at what the iPhone 6 sells for currently from Apple and that will be very safe guess. If used, perhaps we can look at what used 6 go for, but I have a feeling the 7 may not break iPhone sales records for the first time ever, unless of course Apple has sown tricks up their sleeve we haven't yet caught wind of.

Last edited:

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Are you asking about a new phone or a used one? If new, I'd look at what the iPhone 6 sells for currently from Apple and that will be very safe guess. If used, perhaps we can look at what used 6 go for, but I have a feeling the 7 may not break iPhone sales records for thenflorida time ever, unless of course Apple has sown tricks up their sleeve we haven't yet caught wind of.

This is correct...whatever the 6 is selling for new there in the uk is a rough estimate of what the 6s will sell for after September.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Basically looking to upgrade my 5s and am curious to see how much the 6s will go down by when the 7 is released (guestimate). Also, I'm a UKer so the amount they decrease in dollars may not be much use as Apple don't follow exchange rates (otherwise the iPhone SE would be £100 cheaper than it is XD).

How much does an iPhone 6 cost in the UK right now? That's probably how much the 6s will cost when the 7 comes out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.