Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
Not much here. I work for a very small architecture firm in New Jersey. The three years that I worked part time while going to college (1 day a week, full time in summer and winter interims) I got a $250 bonus, which I thought was very nice. Last year I received a $500 bonus, which was nice (I started working full time there last September). This year it will be at least $500 - but, as far as I am concerned, it better be over $1000.

Doesn't really matter either way-- I am giving notice and leaving in January. They don't pay me enough. :)

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
I think this thread is getting depressing as I read many posters who tell sad job stories. Someone, please tell us some good bonus story (to make us all jealous).

OK- well in addition to my very generous bonus, I'm also getting a new MacPro Quad and a pair of 20" ACDs. Oh and a Macbook to 'share' around the office. And they bought us digital cameras for the holidays. :)

Coolnat2004

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
A $15 gift certificate to my place of employment.

I guess that's what you get with a part-time job haha! It's not bad, though.

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
NYC
I think this thread is getting depressing as I read many posters who tell sad job stories. Someone, please tell us some good bonus story (to make us all jealous).

I received a $1,000,000,000,000 bonus this year, entirely in diamond encrusted golden nuggets. And a G5 Powerbook.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.

Alright then, for our Christmas bonus, our boss paid for us to go on a trip to Barcelona. Two solid days (and veeeery) long nights of good eating, enjoying the sunshine (21C in late November!)cheap shopping, lots of drinking and dancing with a great bunch of mates. At one point, virtually the entire company (ok, about 7 of us) were dancing on a tiny 3' by 4' raised platform by the edge of the dancefloor, if we'd fallen we'd probably have wiped out the entire company there and then!

Fantastic city, and great memories! :p

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
That's so good. Whereabouts did you stay?

Stayed in a small 3-star hotel (Hotel Ronda) not far from La Rambla; basic but a great location. Well ok, great for shopping, not far from the waterfont and the Gothic quarter, though being near Barcelona's Red Light district it was a bit seedy, but very safe.

In fact, I couldn't get over how friendly and helpful everyone was, not often you find that in a big city. Even at 7 in the morning, the taxi drivers were only too helpful, they'd call a second taxi for us and happily chat to us while we waited for it to arrive - and without the meter running.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Stayed in a small 3-star hotel (Hotel Ronda) not far from La Rambla; basic but a great location. Well ok, great for shopping, not far from the waterfont and the Gothic quarter, though being near Barcelona's Red Light district it was a bit seedy, but very safe.

In fact, I couldn't get over how friendly and helpful everyone was, not often you find that in a big city. Even at 7 in the morning, the taxi drivers were only too helpful, they'd call a second taxi for us and happily chat to us while we waited for it to arrive - and without the meter running.
I know exactly what you're saying. I love Catalunya. The people there put other people at the top of their priorities rather than money.

Sounds like a fantastic trip. Did you do much sightseeing amongst all the partying?

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I just got my bonus today. $250, I am very happy. I knew from other employees that they give bonuses, but I never asked how much. I have only been here for about 5 months so I didn't expect much, if anything.

We had a company party last friday as well and they gave out prizes to everyone (there are about 20 people who work here). It was a really nice dinner party they provided and many of the gifts were fairly expensive. I recieved the new George Foreman G5 grillin' machine. I looked it up, it retailed for $130. They also had an extra gift after everyone got one and I won that, it was a $50 gift card to The Outback Steakhouse, so it wasn't a bad night for me :)!.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Oh, wait. I am eating about 6 pounds of specialty popcorn. But I got that from a vendor.

heehee

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2006
Same country as Santa Claus
Good going. I think that would be around 5 weeks pay. Do you get a 10% bonus every year? Or is it partially based on the job performance?

I worked here for about 15 months, last christmas I got just abit over 5%. I don't know how my bonus is based on, I guess it depends on how good a mood my boss is in. :D I'm a graphic designer for a super duper rich guy, he's the largest shareholder of about 10 public companies and owns a "few" private companies. If my bonus is based on surfing the internet, I would get a 100% bonus every year. :p

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
No bonus. My place gives an end-of-fiscal-year bonus, which was end of September. My bonus was pretty small, but I was part-time for most of the time before September. Hopefully next year, if I'm still here, it'll be a few hundred dollars.

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
I received $100 and I work for a not-for-profit agency.....by far the most I've ever gotten in this field for a Christmas bonus.

My wife, who no longer works in not-for-profit, received a $400 bonus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.