Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jasonkrick

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2013
I got the air around the second day of release.

I surf a lot on it and some simple games. I have never had the apple logo show up from a self reboot. And Safari has crashed about three times from very heavy daily use.

NavySEAL6

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2006
Mine crashes daily, I notice it happens most often when I multitask and go any further than like 4 apps to the right

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
It doesn't really bother me at the moment but my rMini on 7.0.4 crashes maybe once a day. As I said, it doesn't really bother me but I will be looking forward to when the software glitch gets fixed.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Mine crashes I don't know about every week. How often does your iPad crash. I have an iPad 3rd gen. running iOS 7.0.4. I just feel it shouldn't crash that much.
I don't let it drive, so no chance of a crash. :cool:

Seriously tho' I have not had a crash. I've had a couple of unstable apps but they didn't affect anything else.

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2005
Apps crashes 2-4 times a day with a complete system crash once every day on my ipad 3. Absolutely ridiculous!

One thing I haven't tried so far is a complete restore using itunes (don't have a mac anymore and don't want to touch that old win laptop with a 10 foot pole). Only updated using OTA downloads. Will that make a difference on my ipad 3?

Mine don't crash at all am running ios 7.1 beta 2

Really? If anything I'd expect a beta to crash a hell lot more than a public release. But given the sorry state of iOS 7 I'm inclined to believe you coz I doubt its possible for an OS to crash more often than iOS 7! Worst OS I've ever encountered. And I've used windows 95, ME and Vista!

You sould be come a IOS Developer it's only. $99 a year and you be the 1st too test the new IOS be for any one else it's well worth $99. A year. Wish is not a bad price
Excluding iOS 7 (which technically should still be considered a beta given the performance) it's not a great idea IMO. You pay to get a buggy crashy OS for features which probably won't even work properly until the public release. I tried it with iOS 4 and iOS 3 and regretted it within a week both times. Not worth the trouble IMHO.

AppleRocks2011

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Crashing is Software Related

I think this Crashing issue is strictly software related. When iOS 7.1 is released, I'm sure most of these silly issues will be resolved.

baglunch

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
Queens, NY
Now running 7.0.4

Owned Ipad Air since launch, Ipad crashed once when running pinterest. Stopped using pinterest and never had a full Ipad crash since.

Chrome, and Safari apps crash multiple times a day, usually when I have more than 4 tabs open with embedded videos or lots of javascript. Facebook crashes when playing videos occasionally. All crashes have been due to memory issue.

Videos, music, games, and kindle app have never crashed.

I make sure to close all apps when I am done using them, and update all apps when available.

Last edited:

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
Mine crashes I don't know about every week. How often does your iPad crash. I have an iPad 3rd gen. running iOS 7.0.4. I just feel it shouldn't crash that much.

Probably a few times a week. Definitely more than any iPad I've owned before. Not enough to be a huge problem, but it's annoying.

I'm convinced the crashing is a symptom of the iOS 7 rewrite, and anxiously await 7.1, though I hear it won't be until March.

kid4today

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2007

mines almost exactly the same, same generation ipad on same ios version. mine also crashes about once a week. double clicking the home button and using the app switcher is usually the cause. I have to say that ios 6 was more stable, that very rarely crashed my ipad 3rd gen.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
New York
mines almost exactly the same, same generation ipad on same ios version. mine also crashes about once a week. double clicking the home button and using the app switcher is usually the cause. I have to say that ios 6 was more stable, that very rarely crashed my ipad 3rd gen.
That's when mine crashes too.

Naramis

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2013
Safari crashes around five times per day. As a former Android user (the Air is my first iOS device), I see now that all that talk of iOS being "more stable", "fluid", "just works", was a bunch of crap.

sflomenb

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2011
Safari crashes around five times per day. As a former Android user (the Air is my first iOS device), I see now that all that talk of iOS being "more stable", "fluid", "just works", was a bunch of crap.

This doesn't usually happen (in the past versions of iOS) and will hopefully be fixed with 7.1

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
My iPad 3 with iOS 7.0.4 was crashing hard (to the Apple logo) multiple times a day. Took it to the Genius bar and they did a diagnostic check on it.

Turns out that it was a corrupt iOS install. I had over 40 crashes due to 'Springboard'. There was a total of 4 other crashes -- 4 apps had one crash each.

I was advised to reset my iPad and set up as new. A restore from a backup could bring the corrupt issue with it. I have been going on about a week with no crashes... Did I just jinx myself??? :p

ab2c4

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2013
Whenever I have four tabs open in safari it crashes. Three or less tabs open and it is fine.

kallyq

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2010
Mine crashes daily in Safari, super annoying. I am considering returning...running out of time to make a decision. Facebook app has also crashed.

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
Mine crashed constantly on 7.0.4. On apps, browsing the web, everything! Then since I am a developer I started running beta 1 of 7.1 and it got get. Now on 7.1 beta 2 I honestly don't think my phone or iPad has crashed once. My iPad has maybe once! But when this is released to the public everyone will be much happier. The crashed will stop, the snappy reactions you get from switching between apps or opening apps is amazing. Its a great update. So I know its frustrating but just give it a little time and you all will be happy soon. I think with 1 more beta it will be ready for release.

calvol

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
None at all, because I returned my "Ultimate Crashing Machine" to the refurb pool. I'm sitting this one out and going Android (N7.2), maybe next round if Apple gets their ish together.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.