Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geekycheesecake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
Newyork
Howdy,

Forum members, I am almost decade old android users. Switched to iPhone 6s 3 weeks back . I wanted to ask two things.

First: How I can create a shortcut of setting app in control center. iOS version on my phone is 11.2.6 .

Second: Bought 6s for $398. 128 GB space grey with box and accessories. Wanted to your feedback regarding price too. The phone is just like new with a few minor scratches.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Howdy,

Forum members, I am almost decade old android users. Switched to iPhone 6s 3 weeks back . I wanted to ask two things.

First: How I can create a shortcut of setting app in control center. iOS version on my phone is 11.2.6 .

Second: Bought 6s for $398. 128 GB space grey with box and accessories. Wanted to your feedback regarding price too. The phone is just like new with a few minor scratches.
Not exactly sure what you’re asking, but if you’ll go to Settings>Control Center on your device, you’ll see a list of every app or function that can be added to control center.

For competitive pricing, I always start with Swappa.com

geekycheesecake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
Newyork
Not exactly sure what you’re asking, but if you’ll go to Settings>Control Center on your device, you’ll see a list of every app or function that can be added to control center.

worked on your advice but there is no option to add setting app to control center :( .

For competitive pricing, I always start with Swappa.com

Okay I'll check it

geekycheesecake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
Newyork
iOS doesn't let us put app shortcuts in Control Center.

any workaround ? One of the colleague from workplace suggested to jail break the ios (not sure what does jail break means) :confused: he further added that there is no jail break of iOS 11

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
There is no workaround. Give it some time, and learn to adjust to a slightly different way of doing things. You can put your favorite apps on the home screen, and the multitasking interface orders the apps by most recently used. If you need to go the Settings, it's always there on the home screen and if you've been there recently it's not too far back in the multitasking interface.

By the way, jailbreaking breaks some of the security of iOS so you can do things that can't ordinarily be done. Because it defeats many of the inherent security protections, I would never do it.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
any workaround ? One of the colleague from workplace suggested to jail break the ios (not sure what does jail break means) :confused: he further added that there is no jail break of iOS 11
What exactly are you wanting to do and why?

Also, if you don’t even know what jailbreak means, then it’s not for you. Stay away.

Reactions: jhall8

geekycheesecake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
Newyork

As I stated earlier that I was using Android for a while. In almost every android phone there is setting shortcut given in notification center. I want to add same shortcut to my ios control center.

Why I want this ?

My workplace has many wifi networks and for security reason you have to log in to every wifi after connecting to wifi network. Also I need to switch between wifi network during work. Scrolling back to home screen and going to setting app is a bit hectic. As to avoid this I wanted to know is there any any way to add setting app to control center?
[doublepost=1519659068][/doublepost]

Also, if you don’t even know what jailbreak means, then it’s not for you. Stay away.

Oh okay.

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
It does but only for a few preset apps.

You could try getting a launcher widget from the App Store.

Yeah, this is the only solution. So instead of using Control Centre, use the Notification Centre widget. Try something like this app: https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/launcher-met-widget/id905099592?mt=8

690x0w.png

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Yeah, this is the only solution. So instead of using Control Centre, use the Notification Centre widget. Try something like this app: https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/launcher-met-widget/id905099592?mt=8

As I stated earlier that I was using Android for a while. In almost every android phone there is setting shortcut given in notification center. I want to add same shortcut to my ios control center.

Why I want this ?

My workplace has many wifi networks and for security reason you have to log in to every wifi after connecting to wifi network. Also I need to switch between wifi network during work. Scrolling back to home screen and going to setting app is a bit hectic. As to avoid this I wanted to know is there any any way to add setting app to control center?

The Launcher widgets (Launcher Pro, Magic Launcher Pro) were excellent from iOS8- iOS10, unfortunately Apple has crippled those launcher widgets since iOS11. It still works on IOS11 for launching app but quite a lot of Apple apps and settings they had to block by Apple/remove from their apps and no longer work on iOS11. Which is why I'm sticking with iOS10.3.2 for now to keep my Setting launchers (among a few other things) which aren't able to launch with iOS11 Control Center (to name a few: 'Refresh in background', 'Location use per app', 'Notifications on apps' 'x amount of MB/GB Storage per app', 'Battery status' (x hour of usage/standby) and 'Storage maintenance')

Within iOS10 I can still connect to a WIFI location and easily switch between them via the Notification Center/widget area due to fact you can click it and it switches directly to the WIFI area in the Settings app (better would ofcourse be to see it in the widget area but ok):
Prefs:root=WIFI

Within iOS11 you can still see easily which WIFI connection your are connected to with your iDevice, however switching to another all has to happen within the Settings app again.

Reactions: geekycheesecake

Planky

macrumors regular
May 24, 2009
The Sunny Isle of Wight

Why I want this ?

Oh okay.

If you 3D Touch (press hard) the Settings app icon you get the option to jump straight to the WiFi settings.
This even works in “Siri App Suggestions”, pull down from mid screen on any of your screens with apps on.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
If you 3D Touch (press hard) the Settings app icon you get the option to jump straight to the WiFi settings.
This even works in “Siri App Suggestions”, pull down from mid screen on any of your screens with apps on.
Also, you can 3D Touch many of the “widgets” in the control center for further options.

geekycheesecake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
Newyork

Thanks alot! I am using 3D touch and siri app suggestion. Sorry in advance but I think that Android has better approach to setting shortcut keys. I am really not enjoying iphone. Although the live photos and 3d touch are great are exclusive features of iphone but I think android offers a lot more customization.

One of my friends said if I can jail break ios I can get all the features. If anyone who can help me in jail break I would really appreciate it

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
Thanks alot! I am using 3D touch and siri app suggestion. Sorry in advance but I think that Android has better approach to setting shortcut keys. I am really not enjoying iphone. Although the live photos and 3d touch are great are exclusive features of iphone but I think android offers a lot more customization.

One of my friends said if I can jail break ios I can get all the features. If anyone who can help me in jail break I would really appreciate it

Currently, there is no jailbreak for the iOS version you're on and you can't downgrade to a version that can be jailbroken. So, you're out of luck there.

Reactions: willmtaylor

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

Sounds like you’d be better off on Android. Not sure why you switched. If you’re interested in Jailbreaking, there’s an entire forum dedicated to it here. However, you’re SOL on the current OS.

Last edited:
Reactions: jhall8

maticore78

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2017
Not to beat a dead horse, but why would you jailbreak (if you even could) if you don't even know what it means. You're asking for problems if that's the case.

Reactions: willmtaylor

geekycheesecake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
Newyork
Not to beat a dead horse, but why would you jailbreak (if you even could) if you don't even know what it means. You're asking for problems if that's the case.

I am really tired of the limitation iOS has. I want to customize the phone accordingly. I was former android user. You know about customization in Android.

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
Howdy,

Aha, 2 broke girls, loved the first few seasons.

Good job on the phone

geekycheesecake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
Newyork
iOS and Android are different in various respects.

Yes you are quite right. I see iOS doesn't have any useless stuff which makes iOS platform really efficient. Even older iphone can run new iOS smoothly. Like iphone 5s will be getting iOS 12 updates.

But don't you thinks. Carrying on OS traditional design will make people bored. I see lots of tech youtube influencers using google pixel 2 XL as their main phone. MKBHD and unbox therapy have already ranked GOOGLE Pixel in top phones.

Is the iphone dominance have ended? or they (tech influencers) are being paid to promote the phone.
[doublepost=1528274928][/doublepost]
Aha, 2 broke girls, loved the first few seasons.

Good job on the phone

Yes, only first few season were (cool) . Although I liked Kat Dennings more than the show. She is really attractive

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.