Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fakestrawberryflavor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2021
Question: I need to take Calendar entries which come in via a subscription, and automatically copy/move them from the subscription to a more permanent Calendar (such as my personal iCloud calendar).

Reason: The subscription calendar is set up in a way that once the event passes, its removed from the subscription and therefore delete off the subscription calendar, with no historical record this occurred. I need a history record of these events which happened in the past and want to copy them over to my iCloud calendar.

If this can't be done in Calendar app, Im looking for help with Automator or Shortcut's to maybe do this. Thanks!

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Shortcuts. Find all Events in Calendar xyz, repeat with each, add calendar entry to Calendar abc with repeat item's name, start, end dates/times.

Attachments

• cal_copy.png
    cal_copy.png
    126 KB · Views: 751

fakestrawberryflavor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2021
Shortcuts. Find all Events in Calendar xyz, repeat with each, add calendar entry to Calendar abc with repeat item's name, start, end dates/times.
Thank you! This worked really well exactly what I was looking for.

However, I would have never ever figured this out on my own. The mindset for this automation language is way beyond my understanding. Are there any guides to teach this, because this could potentially be the most powerful workflow automation app ever.

Thanks!!!!

Pizzi

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2013
This is fantastic, however if new calendar events arrive, it won't automatically "Fetch" the new information. Can I adapt the shortcut to do that?

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Nothing "automatic".

Would need to setup Automations to run periodically to find events. And will need to determine which ones are new, be it time created/modified for the event or looking up to see if event already in the other calendar or some way else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.