Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeorgeinGA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2004
I just finished a wedding video with four parts and three cameras. I have about 60 GB of stuff on my hard drive. It's my first FCE project and I loved it, but don't know what I can delete, etc. I want to keep essential files in case she wants it edited, but I need to start on another wedding video ASAP!! Can I just copy the whole project over to another hard drive? Will it lose links, etc?

GeorgeInGa

super_kev

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
USofA
Hey Georgia George,
If I remember correctly, you will just need to find the named project folder (probably stored in your "Documents" folder) and move it to another hard drive. But maybe I'm getting it confused with iMovie. I currently not on my G5 with FCE HD on it so I can't tell you if there are other files. I'm thinking that there might be a named project file that's in your documents folder, and then possibly a Final Cut Express HD folder that's also in your documents folder. Open it up and see if you see a named project folder. I'll see if I can run into town sometime and get on the G5 and double check to make sure.

dollystereo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2004
France
Go and search for the capture folder of the project ie: Capture/Weding1
And move that to your 2nd HD.
Now move the project file and all the media used (pictures, graphics, psd, music, etc).
You will need to reconnect media to be able to read it from your new HD.

Good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.