Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brianstorm91

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Cambridge, UK
I just bought a new album described on the site to be in an "easy to use, open format", so I went ahead, bought, and promptly ended up with a load of DRM-protected WMA files.
I can't convert them, to the best of my knowledge, as only WMA files without DRM can be.

Does anybody know what I can do? I've a nasty feeling that my claim for a refund shalln't be accepted.

:mad:

Brianstorm91

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Cambridge, UK
Thanks, I'll try that out in a bit.
It's only £3 or so but my gosh DRM irritates me.
That and Windows Media Player 10 for mac…

Brianstorm91

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Cambridge, UK
Well the second link doesn't work, what it doesn't tell you is that the trial version only converts the first 60 seconds (and also I couldn't get the right codec on windows media player because apparently it doesn't exist).

Let's try link 1.

I. Hate. Windows.

:mad:

MALCX

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2011
Farnham
Don't even try any other options posted here.

[I have spent at least 6 hours fruitlessly trying to download programs and convert my protected wma files. I had a cd and copied it to my pc:)mad:) in this stupid wma format, then lost said cd! Now I want to listen to my dear cd on my :apple:(s) (which I always use) but not in this one, mistaken, action.]
THE only way is on a PC!:mad: to burn a music cd and then import it into iTunes, ha long lesson! M:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.