Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amy2005

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
North Yorkshire, England
Hi

I have iClean on my iMac G5 (PPC) which deletes all the internet files like cookies, cache files, history files, and fixes Alias's (although I'm not sure what this means) and I have just bought a MacBook and wondered if it was possible for me to manually delete all these to stop them taking up space or if I can install the PPC iClean on my MacBook?

Thank you
Amy

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Safari->"Empty Cache..." will get rid of the cached files (which take up the most room).

Safari->Preferences...->Security->"Show Cookies"->"Remove All" will clear out your cookies.

History->"Clear History" clears your history.

Or you can just enable Safari->Private Browsing each time, and those things will never be saved.

I'm note sure if iClean will or won't run (it probably will, but no promises), but these are simple steps - no real need for a separate app to do them.

Also, Safari->"Reset Safari..." will remove everything - maybe even bookmarks (not sure) so I'm afraid to use that option personally.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
In Safari you can click clear history on the bottom of the history menu. I don't know how to do the rest manually, but you could probably install iClean on your macbook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.