Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatGuyInLa

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2012
SC
If you are reading on a mobile device, you may see ALL articles, including the sidebar, as "front page". That, however, is a different issue from accusing MacRumors of posting a long article in its entirety on the "Front Page."

And that's *********. They need to NOT do that for the mobile version which is how a lot of us read this site. (no, not all, but A LOT)

Also, I ONLY clicked the article so that I could get to the forums to post my comment.

donstenk

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2008
The Hague
I'll come back to this website once the I watch excitement is over.

Don't want a watch, don't need a watch and definitely do not need more notifications in my life.

A grumpy OS X user.

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
These mile-long write-ups make it seem like Watch-related things are complicated. They're not. This does a tremendous disservice to Watch adoption in my opinion.

It also does a tremendous disservice to MacRumors. A site which used to publish quality, interesting stuff but now is cluttered with more and more search engine click-bait.

It's been going downhill ever since Arn left.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Also, I ONLY clicked the article so that I could get to the forums to post my comment.

The fact that we need to post this comment today is what is wrong with commenters on this site and many others.
I really hate the obligatory "if you don't care why'd you click on the link?" comment...
"why? cause I like to hear myself talk, you *******; that's why! :mad::mad::mad::mad:"

While on topic... these posts aren't hurting anyone, just ignore them if they aren't helping you. I don't see the harm posting up tips about the newest Apple Product. While the watch isn't complicated. There are many little nuances to it that aren't intuitive. It took me a full day to find out where to see my steps.

MacFan23

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2010
Next article: how to charge your apple watch

These do seem to be kind of going in that direction.

It's pretty weird considering they also posted a link to Apple's own user guide:
macrumors.com/2015/04/23/apple-watch-user-guide-now-available/

As well as the various video guided tours. :S

Moondougie

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2012

One thing that makes Apple Watch stand out from other smart watches is the app ecosystem. Since there are already more than a million iPhone apps in the App Store, there were already plenty of developers ready to get to work building companions for the wrist worn device. When the Apple Watch launched, there were already 3,500 apps available, and that number grows on a day-by-day basis.

One of the best ways to customize your Apple Watch to fit your needs is to download all the apps you want and to organize them for easy access. We've got a tutorial that covers downloading apps from your iPhone, installing them on your Apple Watch, and rearranging them on your Home screen.

Downloading Apps for Apple Watch

Apple-Watch-App-Store-250x443.jpg
At the current time, all Apple Watch apps are powered by the iPhone, which means they're bundled into iPhone apps. Apple Watch apps are downloaded by downloading a compatible app onto your iPhone, which can be done from the regular App Store or through the "Apple Watch App Store" located within the Apple Watch companion app on your iPhone. The Apple Watch companion app has an icon that looks like a watch and is automatically installed on all iOS devices running iOS 8.2 or later.

Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
Tap "Featured" to visit the Apple Watch App Store.
Find the apps you wish to add to your collection and download them the way you would with an iPhone app. If it is already on your iPhone, you will see "Open." If you have previously downloaded the app, but it is not currently on your iPhone, you will see the iCloud icon.
Alternatively, you can open the regular App Store on your iPhone or Mac and look for apps that are tagged with "Offers Apple Watch app for iPhone."

Click here to read more...

Article Link: How to Download, Install, and Arrange Apps on Apple Watch

I have an app (OpenTable) which all of a sudden disappeared from my Apple Watch. It is installed on my iPhone and it was on my Watch earlier, but it doesn't show up on my Watch, in the Apple Watch app on my iPhone, but the iPhone app is installed on my iPhone…any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloughmee

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2010
New York, New York
These mile-long write-ups make it seem like Watch-related things are complicated. They're not. This does a tremendous disservice to Watch adoption in my opinion.
BULL$H!T. Maybe too much for pompous millennial know-it-alls but I appreciate an in-depth guide to the watch. Knowing how to do things, in detail, ENCOURAGES adoption. Only a spoiled putz would think otherwise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.