Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nicolina

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2010
Hello,
i'm new and hoping that some of you guys can help me..
I need Illustrator and In-design for university purposes.. how can I get them?
When I had just gotten my first MacBook I spoke to an Apple salesman asking how the VIRUS world worked on Mac.. he told me not to worry as long as I didn't download any Apple related programs such as iWork Adobe etc etc.. but I've heard that that's not quite true...
So, how should I proceed?:confused: Please help!
Thanks a lot
Nicolina

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
You can get the academic versions of those applications. Ask your university, if they offer deals on that or contact Adobe. Trials can be downloaded from Adobe.

The second part of your post either misses a negative or I'm missing it.

In short, there are currently NO (ZERO) viruses for Mac OS X, only some trojans and other malware, but you have to install it yourself.

Btw, if you speak of torrenting/pirating software ("iWork and Adobe products are not safe"):
Warez/Serials/Keys.
Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.

from https://macrumors.zendesk.com/hc/en-us#Things_Not_to_Do

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
Hello,
i'm new and hoping that some of you guys can help me..
I need Illustrator and In-design for university purposes.. how can I get them?
When I had just gotten my first MacBook I spoke to an Apple salesman asking how the VIRUS world worked on Mac.. he told me not to worry as long as I didn't download any Apple related programs such as iWork Adobe etc etc.. but I've heard that that's not quite true...
So, how should I proceed?:confused: Please help!
Thanks a lot
Nicolina

As has been already posted, Adobe offers academic versions of it's software for quite reasonable prices. If you only need it for a short time, download the free 30 day trials, finish up your project within the month and it's free.

If you are interested in pirated copies, this forum does not allow that kind of discussion (and Adobe copy protection is pretty good, even if someone were to help you find an illegal way to get full software, it has a tendency to be not trivially simple to get it running (or keep it running)). Buy academic, it's cheap and a fair price for some great products.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.