Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ocman57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2022
Hi,
I'm using IOS 17.4.1.

I've got an old pacbell.net email address that uses Yahoo.com email server and I use Outlook 2021 and my Outlook calendar reside in a .pst file.

What's the best way to get my Outlook calendar to sync with my IPhone calendar?

Thanks!

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I don't think Outlook 2021 will sync with a Yahoo hosted calendar so that's definitely not the answer (moving your calendar events to Yahoo).

Your best bet would be to do like I do and use a separate account somewhere to host your calendar (and contacts), sync to both the new account and your email account in Outlook, and move all your calendar events to the new calendar in the new account. Then just sync to the new account on your iPhone.

I have a Google account for contacts and calendars but my main email is hosted Exchange by Office 365.

In your case, the best place to get that new account is probably Outlook.com since that will work well with Outlook on the Mac…and it's free.

Reactions: ocman57

ocman57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2022
I was thinking about going with Microsoft 365 and purchasing a domain for the email address which I could keep forever OR also getting Office 365 and be set.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hi,
I'm using IOS 17.4.1.

I've got an old pacbell.net email address that uses Yahoo.com email server and I use Outlook 2021 and my Outlook calendar reside in a .pst file.

What's the best way to get my Outlook calendar to sync with my IPhone calendar?

Thanks!
You need to add the Yahoo address to your Internet Accounts in System Settings. Specify that it's for Calendars if you don't want the email account in your Mail app.

Then on the Calendars tab of Outlook choose 'On My Computer' and check the radio button for 'Calendar'.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
You need to add the Yahoo address to your Internet Accounts in System Settings. Specify that it's for Calendars if you don't want the email account in your Mail app.

Then on the Calendars tab of Outlook choose 'On My Computer' and check the radio button for 'Calendar'.
He's using Outlook on the Mac which doesn't sync Yahoo calendars two-way.

ocman57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2022

I already have the mail app using the Yahoo address...

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I'm using Outlook on a PC, sorry if I wasn't clear.
Thanks for clarifying. I'm pretty sure the same is true about yahoo calendars in that case.

I was thinking about going with Microsoft 365 and purchasing a domain for the email address which I could keep forever OR also getting Office 365 and be set.
If you mean the pacbell.net email address I'm pretty sure you won't be able to do that. A new domain name…yes.

The reason I have a custom domain at Office 365 is because my wife uses Outlook in Windows and an iPhone…exactly the scenario you're describing.

Reactions: ocman57

ocman57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2022
The reason I have a custom domain at Office 365 is because my wife uses Outlook in Windows and an iPhone…exactly the scenario you're describing.
I was going to buy a new computer then go with the Microsoft 365/Office 365 scenario, but now I hear Windows 12 may come out in early 2025. Concerned about the AI hardware/software setup.

ocman57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2022

Hmmm...already have the yahoo address in the mail app...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.