Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
Hello,

I used to own Pages 09 and Numbers 09 from the App Store. With 10.10 I updated to the latest version. Just now I had to open an old document from Version 08 I guess which I cannot in the latest revision. My Mac tells me to use Pages 09 which I do not have anymore installed.

I looked through my purchase page on MAS and of course there is Pages and Numbers but the latest versions.

How can I get Pages 09 and Numbers 09 again for that old files?

Thanks for support
LaForge

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I am not aware of a way to selectively retrieve older versions of software from the app store. Hopefully someone who knows how will chime in.

In the meantime, I recommend to everyone who has a need for iWork 09 to buy a physical copy. There are plenty to be had on eBay for $10.

Also, at this point in time, OS X El Cap does not support iWork 09. That may change by the time it goes to production, but if not...

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
I am not aware of a way to selectively retrieve older versions of software from the app store. Hopefully someone who knows how will chime in.

In the meantime, I recommend to everyone who has a need for iWork 09 to buy a physical copy. There are plenty to be had on eBay for $10.

Also, at this point in time, OS X El Cap does not support iWork 09. That may change by the time it goes to production, but if not...

Does not support means it crashes? Do you know more about it? Basically I need to re-open my iWork 08 documents with iWork 09, save it and then I should be able to open in the latest revision from the App Store. I do not need to really work in the apps. But if they crash from the start then... no luck.

This is the part that really sucks with Apple and what is somehow great with Microsoft. Even so I do not really like em.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Does not support means it crashes? Do you know more about it? Basically I need to re-open my iWork 08 documents with iWork 09, save it and then I should be able to open in the latest revision from the App Store. I do not need to really work in the apps. But if they crash from the start then... no luck.

This is the part that really sucks with Apple and what is somehow great with Microsoft. Even so I do not really like em.
Does not support as in "crashes upon attempting to start". Someone in the OSX El Cap forum posted their experience. Again, it might only be temporary (El Cap is still in beta) but it might be permanent.

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
Does not support as in "crashes upon attempting to start". Someone in the OSX El Cap forum posted their experience. Again, it might only be temporary (El Cap is still in beta) but it might be permanent.

Wow - bad news. But Apple is notoriously bad in supporting legacy apps which won't be the problem but the lost data is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.