1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

How to get rid of scuffs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by nrfujnbfvj, Aug 11, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Can i get rid of this mark?

:mad:

photos from iphone so look worse in real life

Attached Files:

2. macrumors Core

miles01110

No.

3. macrumors regular

More than likely not. You might try a skin if it bothers you a lot.

4. macrumors 6502a

It might be possible. There are aluminum polish kits you can buy on Amazon and elsewhere.

Here is one of many websites telling you how to polish/buff aluminum http://voices.yahoo.com/how-polish-aluminum-6467758.html

Personally, I would first take it to a jeweler's shop. They have the type of buffing equipment that should work on a MBA.

5. macrumors regular

Are you serious?

6. macrumors 65816

That is so tiny, and so unnoticeable, I wouldn't waste 1 sec of time even thinking about it.

7. macrumors member

Its worse than it looks in the photos

8. macrumors regular

Sticker maybe?

9. macrumors regular

Scuffs set you free, now you can stop babying your laptop and start using it as it was meant for, as a tool.

Now you are free....

10. macrumors member

Its a laptop, it is going to get scratches and scuff marks on the base and top of the laptop, espeically if you use it as its meant to be, lugged around. ;) Who cares

11. macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

Tears and acceptance.

12. macrumors 6502

Its a phase we seem to go through. Same thing with my car when I bought it new, I would wash it every week and park far away from others. I still end up with scuff marks and random dents. After awhile I didn't even pay attention to those things and cared more for the maintenance of my vehicle, rather than aesthetics.

For my Air I spent $100 on the Sena folio case, admittedly it is expensive, but it offers both protection, peace of mind, and convenience to carry it wherever I go without thinking about these things.