Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
I really don't know where to start - I want to take still images/video clips of celebrities I admire and set it to music but have so mayn questiosn I don't know where to start.

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
Break the problem into smaller chunks.

"I want to take STILL IMAGES of celebrities"
First of all define "TAKE".
Do you mean arm yourself with a camera and seek celebrities so that you can photograph them (STILL IMAGES) and video them (VIDEO CLIPS)?
OR
Do you mean collecting existing images and videos from some source?

"I want to take VIDEOS CLIPS of celebrities"
Same think for the MUSIC.
Do you already have it?
Most importantly, if you are planning on using existing photos, videos and music, do you have the rights to use this material?
You will probably need it. Even if you are not planning to share your video with others, just the act of making copies is illegal in most countries.

"Set the still images and the video clips to MUSIC"
Once you have all of the necessary material in a folder on your computer, you can start focussing on the task of making your own video.
The simplest way to do this is to use iMovie on your Mac.
This is the Apple page explaining how to use iMovie, but there are also many videos on YouTube explaining step by step how to make your first video.

As you proceed with the tasks above, you will encounter obstacles. At that point come back here and explain the obstacle in detail. Someone will offer specific help to see you overcome it.
Good luck.

• Love
Reactions: decafjava

decafjava

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Thank you for the well thought out answer.

I mean collecting existing images and videos - I have seen a ton of tribute videos online especially youtube mixing video and still clips to a song. Some are certainly of questionable legality.

EnquiringMindsWannaKnow

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2021
CB7E09FF-9DBD-4D37-9214-2B17AED7B1FE.jpeg
BB70CF49-BC8E-4388-9021-5ACA678E6A28.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.