Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redlark

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
I want to join some avi and mpg clips into bigger movies and I'm told tat QT Pro will do it for me. So I purchased QT Pro, accessed help, and followed their directions. They say Choose Edit>SElect all to select the first clip, the choose Edit>Copy. Then open second clip, choose Edit>Paste after setting pointer in orginal clip to position desired (usally beginning or end)

Well, when I do this I am not able to select Edit>Copy or Edit>Paste in context menus. Am I missing something? It sounds easy, but there is some step I', probably leaving out, or some order of doing things that is not explicitly stated in instructions.
Any help or suggestions appreciated.

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
I have two movies open. select the one you want to add to the other. click that one, then edit, select all. then edit, copy. next goto the other movie, place the little cursor where you want to insert the other movie (say at the very end for example) then edit, paste. it will then insert the copied movie where the cursor was in the timeline on the movie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.