Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neasuciu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
Bucharest, Romania
Hello!
I have the following situation:
- one piece of Dell e6410 Laptop with no Operating System installed
- one iMac with OS X
I want to install Windows OS on the Laptop. For this i need the Windows Kit (i have a ISO file), an usb drive and an app (probably), or instead of the App maybe use Disk Utility.
Well this is the part where i need your help. I've done a few tens of searches on the internet but all that i found was how to create a Bootable Disk with Windows for Mac or how to create a bootable for windows.
any ideas?

Aneef

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
But since the downloaded software would be an exe file and you'd need Windows for that, I suggest that you use Mac OS X's Boot Camp Assistant Tool. Just insert the USB, locate the ISO file, and make the USB bootable.
Screen Shot 2015-12-29 at 22.20.53.png

Aneef

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
but wouldn't this make a usb available only for mac? Would it work on pc/laptop?
Why does it matter? Since "Bootable USB" means that you use it without going inside any other Operating System, regardless of the fact that that machine has existing Windows or OS X. Just make your USB bootable using the above mentioned post, insert it into your laptop, turn on your laptop and change the boot priority to USB/External media, and KABOOM!

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
The bootable USB stick made with Boot Camp will also work on your Windows laptop. You don't need to do anything fancy.

Reactions: mmomega
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.