Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

micsaund

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Colorado, USA
Hi,

I've connected a Logitech Mouseman to my PB15 and the mouse has a thumb button. I'd like the thumb button to go "back" when in a browser (as it does in Winbloze), but even after installing the Logitech Control Panel/driver package, I can only get the button to single/double/triple/toggle click (in the LCP).

So, I figure that one of you has already adressed this issue and perhaps knows of some cool tweak or little freeware thing I can download which would make the button do something more useful than what the rest of the buttons already do :confused:

Thanks!
Mike

slughead

macrumors 68040
Apr 28, 2004
Actually all you have to do is tell the logitech drivers to do a keystroke, then have it be cmd+[ (or maybe left arrow).

If you don't have that option, upgrade your drivers.

I have mine as such:
left click = regular click
middle click = option click
right click = control click
thumb button = command click

Great for copying things (opt+click) or opening links in new tabs (cmd+click).

micsaund

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Colorado, USA
slughead said:
Actually all you have to do is tell the logitech drivers to do a keystroke, then have it be cmd+[ (or maybe left arrow).

If you don't have that option, upgrade your drivers.

I have mine as such:
left click = regular click
middle click = option click
right click = control click
thumb button = command click

Great for copying things (opt+click) or opening links in new tabs (cmd+click).

That's what I'd like to do, but the drivers don't offer that option to me (I just downloaded them Sunday night or whenever I posted this). I'm at work, so I cannot get the version info, but basically, when I went to configure the thumb button, there were only 4 radio buttons available for me to choose (doing things like "single click" "double click", etc.) I didn't see a "keystroke" option, although that's what I was looking for. :(

Maybe the drivers are "smart" and are punishing me for using an "old" mouse instead of upgrading to the latest/greatest.

Mike

micsaund

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Colorado, USA
I figured this out last night. In the Logitech drivers, next to the list of buttons you can configure (well, not "next to" but on the very right end) there is a little symbol that I didn't spot on my first attempt. This symbol opens a drop-down menu with all kinds of selections in it, including the keystroke option I needed. Previously, I was just selecting the button to edit and hitting the (more obvious) "Advanced" button, which only has the options for whatever you've selected via the symbol thingy (in my case, the button was set to "click" so the advanced options were single click, double click, triple click, etc.)

Just FYI in case anyone else out there is trying to use the Logitech drivers and doesn't notice the symbols way over on the right of each button selection in the GUI.

Mike

Phatpat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2003
Cambridge, MA
On a related note...my thumb button goes back and I don't want it to. I'm using an MX900. I installed usb overdrive and uninstalled, which may have caused it. I have Mouse Buttons 4,5,6 set to expose in system prefs, but that doesn't work any more. Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.