Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
I'm glad some people took my post seriously and tried it... I actually just bought Apple's other earbuds with the rubber around them and the sound even better than the normal earbuds worn this new way. I really like them... I only paid $35 for them.

thesdx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2007
I'm glad some people took my post seriously and tried it... I actually just bought Apple's other earbuds with the rubber around them and the sound even better than the normal earbuds worn this new way. I really like them... I only paid $35 for them.

I've heard those in-ears have better sound, but they like to fall out of your ears. I have somewhat small ears, and many earbuds I have tried don't fit. Do these seem to fit well?

Ubuntu

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
I've heard those in-ears have better sound, but they like to fall out of your ears. I have somewhat small ears, and many earbuds I have tried don't fit. Do these seem to fit well?

They have three different-sized caps to use, and they fit okay. They never fell out, but the sound quality wasn't so great because they slipped out a bit.

But I used the caps from my Walkman phone's earbuds, and now they fit really, really well.

Howard Brazee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2006
Lafayette CO

I tried one in-ear brand that sounded bad, and were incomfortable and cost around $80. One side got wax in it, and I was unable to clean it out and I threw it away.

The $15 Sony ones I got for exercise sound better than my iPod earphones - probably because the speaker faces forward.

The trouble with ear pods is we don't get to try them out - except I went to a Bose store and tried their $99 buds and they are on my Christmas list.

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
Somewhat of a tanget.

NCIS last night, McGee is wearing his iPod headphones this way.

I cracked a smile thinking about this thread, then had to explain what was so funny.

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
I just figured this out today...

I have a new better way to wear my iPod earbuds. They actually sound better with better sounding bass and mids too!

Turn the bud upside down and face the speaker outward facing your front and wrap the wire up and around your ear. Try it, youll love it!

Gotta go, see ya!

i dont understand> pictures?

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
I'm actually really surprised how much this worked

shame I have to have it full volume to be able to hear anything....

My poor buds are badly dying...

cooldukenukem

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2011
Intersting

Hmm, I just discovered this today by trying it and am surprised to find that other people have noticed it. Weird

Rawkfist

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2010
Texas
I know this thread is 4 years old but I had to comment. I do not recall seeing anyone wear their buds this way. Guess it shows most people prefer style over substance. I haven't tried the Apple buds this way because I don't use them. I have always put the cable over and behind my ears when using whatever brand of earphone I might be using. Shure has always recommended this method.

Shadyriley

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2009
I can't believe people still use these headphones, they constantly fall out of my ears and are ridiculously over priced.

A Helper/Need help

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2016
The reasoning for that is because there’s earwax blocking the grill changing the direction of the viberation to the other side. Just take sometime to clean out the grill and it will be like new. P.S if you that method you’ve mentioned on brand new pair of headphones. It doesn’t work like the ones with earwax in it.

Apple/Samsungguy

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2018

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 191
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.