Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

desiprince1212

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Hey

This may be a stupid question but how do I re-jailbreak. I have already Jailbroke (4.0.1) and unlocked using Ultrasn0w.

I want to upgrade to 4.1 using GreenPois0n.

But how I do properly re - jailbreak. Just hit restore and run the JB? That simple? OR to KEEP your BASEBAND use PwnageTools?

Does PwnageTools create my .IPSW customized and then "option+retstore" into iTunes to keep my baseband? BETTER than clicking restore in iTunes and updating that way...right?

Please let me know if there is a specific procedure.

ANDDDD will I lose my unlock forever? Since obviously the baseband will change (should I use TinyUmbrella, Pwnage to JB?). Can I have until 4.2 and then just unlock to something easier like Ulrasn0w? Thanks!

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
Hey

This may be a stupid question but how do I re-jailbreak. I have already Jailbroke (4.0.1) and unlocked using Ultrasn0w.

I want to upgrade to 4.1 using GreenPois0n.

But how I do properly re - jailbreak. Just hit restore and run the JB? That simple? OR to KEEP your BASEBAND use PwnageTools?

Does PwnageTools create my .IPSW customized and then "option+retstore" into iTunes to keep my baseband? BETTER than clicking restore in iTunes and updating that way...right?

Please let me know if there is a specific procedure.

ANDDDD will I lose my unlock forever? Since obviously the baseband will change (should I use TinyUmbrella, Pwnage to JB?). Can I have until 4.2 and then just unlock to something easier like Ulrasn0w? Thanks!

First, you are asking a question, not posting a guide so you shouldn't use HOW TO in your thread title, it's misleading.

Use PwnageTool to make a custom 4.1 firmware file for your iphone then restore with that via itunes. Use ultrasn0w to unlock again. You could also use TinyUmbrella to restore to 4.1 and preserve the baseband as well. Then use ultrasn0w when done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.