Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mafivog247

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2024
Hello
my 2019 16" Macbook Pro has been stolen.
I'm an idiot and that's the only device where I haven't "find my mac" on.

But the device is registered in the "Apple ID", so i know its serial number, I've the original purchase invoice etc.

I supposed there is someway I can report the serial number of the stole Macbook to Apple in order to have it monitored at least in their assistant centers.. but it seems I can't do that :(

Of course I filed a police authority report to report the theft (but in my country these reports are just useless)

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Apple doesn’t track “stolen” devices other than through the Find My/Activation Lock process.

I don’t blame them; Find My/AL is quite easy to use and it eliminates the possibility of someone selling a device & then reporting it as stolen. If I’m buying a 2nd hand laptop, I just need to verify that Find My is off - and I’m then assured I won’t run into ownership issues down the road.

For your situation, a police (and, if appropriate insurance) report will be your options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.