Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lokidil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2009
Hi i m iphone fresher game developer. The thing i need is how the Opengles works in iphone like where to start Opengles simple applications like drawing lines and moving it e.t.c. The Xcode generates the default animation code for Opengles that i think a complex thing for me to start develop from that. So, i need a complete description of how does the context is given to opengles sdk so that it handles drawing. I know a few things about Quartz2d that it get the context using some methods like "UIGraphicsGetCurrentContext" and we can draw things using those context. But didn't get opengles. Can anyone guide me!!!!

xsmasher

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2008
Hi i m iphone fresher game developer. The thing i need is how the Opengles works in iphone like where to start Opengles simple applications like drawing lines and moving it e.t.c.

Try Apple's GLSprite example - that's about as simple as it gets, though it's still a lot of code. Then modify it as you learn more about openGL.

You can get a copy of the Red Book (OpenGL programming guide) version 1.x for less than $10 on Amazon. The first few chapters there will teach you about viewports, tranformations, and how to draw lines and triangles.

http://tinyurl.com/cpwuua

Just remember that openGL is only about drawing - there is no built-in functions for animation, sounds, input, or anything else. You have to adjust the model and redraw it every frame.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.