Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
Hi, I have an iPhone 5 16gb on Verizon and just bought a used s3 online. I want to use the s3 for a while and see if I like it better/worse than the iPhone. Does anybody know what process I will need to take in order to get my Verizon service working on the s3?

I know I can go online to enter the new IMEI number of the s3, but what about the sim card? Do I need to remove the sim card from the 5 and if I do will it fit in the s3?

Thanks for anyone that can help!!

Fanaticalism

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2013
Hi, I have an iPhone 5 16gb on Verizon and just bought a used s3 online. I want to use the s3 for a while and see if I like it better/worse than the iPhone. Does anybody know what process I will need to take in order to get my Verizon service working on the s3?

I know I can go online to enter the new IMEI number of the s3, but what about the sim card? Do I need to remove the sim card from the 5 and if I do will it fit in the s3?

I5 uses nano vs micro on s3. You'll need to buy one from VZW and they'll do the hardware swap for you right there.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US

You can go to a Verizon store and they can make the switch for you. The sim cards are different for the 2 phones. the one in the IP5 is smaller. So they will need to insert another sim in the S3 and activate it on your account and deactivate the sim in the IP5. You can ask to keep the sim for the IP5 incase you want to switch back.
To sync with itunes i suggest iSyncr to sync your music and playlists. To sync your pictures (similar to photo stream) in suggest DropBox. Then install it on your Mac/Pc and it will sync to the cloud then back on your computer just like photo stream does. Hope this helps.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.