Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
Hello,

I have a jailbroken iphone 3g(firmware 3.1.2) and would like to know how I can sync non-Cydia/Rock apps to ipad 3g when I get it.

Will there be an issue syncing the ipad to my itunes account?

Or will normal Appsotre apps transfer to ipad when I connect to itunes using the same account I use for jailbroken 3g?

Thanks.

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
ipad 3g download speed vs. iphone 3g in NYC? which faster?

Hello,

I am trying to find out if the download speeds on the iPad 3g will be faster than on iphone 3g because of new antenna design. I am in New York City metro area and 3g speeds are ridiculously slow compared to Verizon(4x slower last time I checked using speedtest bandwidth test).

I have a jailbroken iphone using mywi hotspot app and wonder if I will get same speeds using mywi and using ipad 3g.

I'm just trying to decide between 3g or wi-fi version.

Thanks.

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
I have a jailbroken iphone using mywi hotspot app and wonder if I will get same speeds using mywi and using ipad 3g.
Why wouldn't the speeds be the same, they're connecting to the same network?:confused:

The only possible delay would be introduced within the iPhone. I can't see that, if it is even noticeable, worth $30/month.

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
I was looking at ifixit's ipad teardown and the usage of the ipad frame as an antennae as well as better gps tracking compared to iphone 3gs made me wonder if the reception on the ipad 3g would be better.

att 3g in nyc is already bad. i was hoping the ipad 3g antenna would boost the signal reception.

i was thinking of using my iphone 3g + mywi but the battery dies in an less than an hour and the phone gets really hot.

Why wouldn't the speeds be the same, they're connecting to the same network?:confused:

The only possible delay would be introduced within the iPhone. I can't see that, if it is even noticeable, worth $30/month.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
This was an epic thread hijack. I keep expecting it to be about the subject line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.