1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

how to toggle shuffle in new grid mode?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by vega07, Sep 9, 2008.

1. macrumors 65816

can someone help me out here? if I click play album, only songs in that album play. what if I want to shuffle my entire library after only playing one song from an album? there is a workaround. I can go back to coverflow mode or list mode and press play and then go to grid mode. but this is a nuisance.

2. macrumors Core

The Shuffle button on the bottom left of the window...

Ah... I see what you mean...

3. macrumors 65816

shuffle is activated.

try playing an album and keep skipping tracks. you're limited only to that album. what I want is to shuffle the whole entire library in grid mode.

4. Guest

Sky Blue

Looks like you're limited to that album.

5. macrumors Core

Yeah, I just tried.

How very annoying.

6. macrumors 65816

itunes 8 - FAIL

7. macrumors 6502

seems to shuffle my entire llibrary unless i'm not understanding your problem

8. macrumors Core

I've just clicked through the 3 different views and now it'll shuffle in Grid.

9. macrumors 65816

yeah, if you start playing your music in list/coverflow mode and return to grid, it will shuffle.

but what if you want to shuffle in grid mode? I don't want to have to go to coverflow or list mode just to shuffle. I this is a limitation of grid mode, because it only allows you to "play album."

I prefer grid mode to the other two modes so I want to stick to only the grid.

10. macrumors Core

It does now shuffle in grid view for me.

11. macrumors 65816

howw??