Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pauly1

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
On my laptop, i have a folder called videos. I like to transfer these videos to my iphone. Can someone tell me how do i do this? I want to first do each one of them manually. Then later on when i have more videos, upload a bunch at once.
[doublepost=1478990477][/doublepost]I clicked the file, add file. But nothing shows up at all. There is no transferring etc.

Superspeed500

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2013
The "Photos" section of the sync window allows you to sync pictures and videos from a given folder on your system. You can then select what videos to sync over. This will sync your videos over to the "Photos" app on your iPhone.

Another and probably better alternativ for you is to download the VLC app for iPhone (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-ios.html) and then transfer to that app using iTunes.

KathrinaN

Suspended
Oct 20, 2016
Hi, I think you can try an app to transfer your videos from laptop to your iPhone. I am using AirMore to import and export my files. Maybe you can try it too. Using an app could easily solve your problem.
Below is a video demo that I found on Youtube, it shows how to transfer from iPhone to PC, but it also works for transferring to iPhone.

pauly1

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Connect you iPhone to iTunes, click on device icon and then choose photos option.
There will be a "Sycn Photos" option. You can choose from which folder to sync and don't forget to check "include video" option.

I did this. That doesn't work at all...

Does anyone know what i can do here?

pauly1

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Does anyone know how to do this? Does not transfer anything.

I also like to mention that all these videos, i had downloaded via youtube via youtube downloader. So these video files are played on vlc player. I cannot transfer these to my iphone at all.

simon lefisch

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2014
Connect your iPhone to iTunes and select "Manually Manage". This will show your device as a usb storage device. You can then manually transfer your pics.

pauly1

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Connect your iPhone to iTunes and select "Manually Manage". This will show your device as a usb storage device. You can then manually transfer your pics.

I clicked this. I then went to add files and then highlighted all the files in my music folder. It only transferred very few songs out of that entire list...

The thing is i have 2 different iphones that i use with my itunes but i only use it one at a time when connecting.. But none of this should be an issue right? I do not know why i cannot transfer it correctly.

pauly1

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
I still cannot get this done on my iphone4s. Can someone else tell me how to do this?

Lockon

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
What format? Are they flash videos? They won't transfer/play without a third party app.

Search the App Store for video players that have wifi transfer. You turn that on within the app, and use the computers web browser to upload them to the phone. You put he address listed in the app into the browser bar, and youlll see an upload button to select your files.

lebronhuo

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2017
1.you can use itunes to transfer videos from your laptop to your iphone;
2.If itunes fails, you'd better use some third-party software to do the transfering, you know,like:any trans.
3.you can also download cloud backup software on your iphone and laptop, so that after you put videos into the cloud, you can download them on your iphone.

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
I also suggest VLC, might be hard to use at the beggining but you can transfer by wifi

Jimmyss

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2017
I think you need a third party apps to complete your function. You haven't apprised the format of videos. It would be easy for me if you do so.

ccrudup

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2017
I think you need a third party apps to complete your function. You haven't apprised the format of videos. It would be easy for me if you do so.

You don't need a 3rd party app to move video from your computer to your iPhone. Here are two simple ways using iTunes:

1) Video can be loaded into Home Movies. I know mp4 and MOV files are both accepted. After sync videos can be found in the new TV app in the Library tab under Home Movies. These videos can only be viewed not edited or shared.

2) Go to Photo tab on your iTunes device management screen. Select a folder with videos you want to upload. Check include video box. Sync your device. Videos will be in Album tab of Photo app. These files can be shared and edited. Again I know mp4 and MOV files work with this workflow.

Hope this is helpful!

Shehab0

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2017
I used a free tool called MobiKin Assistant for iOS, you can google it and have a try, free to transfer data between iPhone and computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.