Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcandrew12

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
Whatever the reason is for not knowing the code, this can be helpful for some people.

I have discovered how to unlock the 4 digit pin on any macbook air or pro.
I think that I'm lucky enough to discover this kind of glitch.
I don't care if you don't want to believe me, but I am really glad I have unlocked my macbook air ever since it was stolen.
No iCloud bug, just pure keyboard trick

yusukeaoki

macrumors 68030
Mar 22, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I don't care if you don't want to believe me, but I am really glad I have unlocked my macbook air ever since it was stolen.

If it was stolen, and if its yours, why wouldnt you know the passcode?

jcandrew12

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
If it was stolen, and if its yours, why wouldnt you know the passcode?

To be honest, I am aware that this laptop is stolen, and I still bought it from this "fishy seller".
Since in the first place, it wasn't locked yet, but when I installed an app for broadband use, then "BOOM!".
Find my mac appears! And it was locked with 4 pin code. So yeah, I was really desperate at that time, then I only used 2 keys of the keyboard, and then "Viola!", the macbook is now unlocked.
I have tried to lock it again and unlocked, it works, seriously!

-Drew, From Philippines with love <3 lol

sweetboyke

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
Nice!
can you explain us how? ;)

ExciteWalk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
He has posted this on Apple forums as well. Looks like he is trying to "earn cash." Here and here.
Heads up though @jcandrew12, this thread is to try and find a working solution for people in need, not to make cash on a claimed solution by hijacking this thread. So either help, or see yourself out.. Not trying to sound mean, just keeping my thread clean ;)
Thanks.

jcandrew12

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
He has posted this on Apple forums as well. Looks like he is trying to "earn cash." Here and here.
Heads up though @jcandrew12, this thread is to try and find a working solution for people in need, not to make cash on a claimed solution by hijacking this thread. So either help, or see yourself out.. Not trying to sound mean, just keeping my thread clean ;)
Thanks.

lol, I was just too excited that's why I posted a comment like that.
Because no one was able to bypass this following issue.
And I really think that I am the first one.
Oh well, that's all I wanted to say, I'll just keep it to myself (--,)

J602

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
Just keep it to yourself?? We would appreciate it greatly if you would share what you did..... but if you are just being a troll, not saying you are (yet) but if you are we don't need that in here.......just saying :cool:

ExciteWalk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
let us help you to help us all

@jcandrew12, glad to know you got yours unlocked. Means it's possible, and we should be able to figure it out, right?

@vladichimescu, thanks for coming in to help us. I linked your post in my original post so people can refer here quickly. I hope people can respond to it fairly soon.

torontomac

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2011
what most people are doing are cloning the bios from the same model and same year macbook which will work but will all use the same serial number from which macbook you cloned it from I have tired this and it works 100%

there are a few sellers offering the service and keeping the serial number intact so im thinking they have dumps from motherboards that never had the serial number burned in and flashing the image then programming the serial number with apples serial number serializer software - i know if you work at apple authorized service center when boards are replaced they come with no serial number on the new replacement boards which need to be flashed with the old serial numbers old so they must have dumps of those images with no serial number imbedded yet

i have some insight on a group working on usb based solution which should be ready for use any day now that will require no hardware tampering but i believe they are planning on selling the devices with credits like unlocking phones it would be great if we could reverse engineer their hardware/software

djollie

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
uk scotland
what most people are doing are cloning the bios from the same model and same year macbook which will work but will all use the same serial number from which macbook you cloned it from I have tired this and it works 100%

there are a few sellers offering the service and keeping the serial number intact so im thinking they have dumps from motherboards that never had the serial number burned in and flashing the image then programming the serial number with apples serial number serializer software - i know if you work at apple authorized service center when boards are replaced they come with no serial number on the new replacement boards which need to be flashed with the old serial numbers old so they must have dumps of those images with no serial number imbedded yet

i have some insight on a group working on usb based solution which should be ready for use any day now that will require no hardware tampering but i believe they are planning on selling the devices with credits like unlocking phones it would be great if we could reverse engineer their hardware/software

hi
what programmer to did you use to read the the atmel (bios) chip.
thanks
dj

ExciteWalk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
USB Solution

@torontomac I was imagining a USB solution as well, however, we would need some serious data/answers before we can begin to develop that.
Hopefully the guys you mentioned will get it out soon. Could you point me to that group to get more info?

jcandrew12

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
@jcandrew12, glad to know you got yours unlocked. Means it's possible, and we should be able to figure it out, right

Yes, it is possible.
Okay, i'll tell you know how to have it unlocked, there are two (2) tricks, however, I am only just giving the first unlocking hint:

It has something to do with num "1" and "Return" key.

Please spread the word and my name when you have guys figured it out. lol

----------

And I forgot, your donations please. Haha :)

J602

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
okay....ummm holding down enter/return key and 1 key......but no viola :(

not yet at least.....will keep at it :rolleyes:

jcandrew12

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
okay....ummm holding down enter/return key and 1 key......but no viola :(

not yet at least.....will keep at it :rolleyes:

Press the num 1 key first, then hold the enter/return key.

@all
That's how it worked on my MBA, I'm not trippin' or trolling around.
You just need to figure it out, I have tried it "TWICE".
Yes, I have just tried it twice, because I'm also afraid that It would be forever locked again, I spend too much cash for my "stolen mac".

J602

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
Thanx for sharing,I do appreciate it...but it has not worked for me..... when are you pressing these?....I tried at start up,shutdown....screen with pin,screen with lock to no avail......

johnnyboy200

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012
Hy guys, after reading all the web about the pin code problem... everythink lead to you so... try giving me some feedback in order to find a trick or the algorithm behind the lock
ATTENTION: none of the following information can trace you! so don't worry, just get a pepsi without sugar :p

I need as many attachments as possible, even on the same machine, just change the variables (username, icloud accounts, etc); an attachment should contain the following after you lock your device by desire ! (of course you know the pin, so no problem):

-username (your username -you can find it by opening Terminal-I want the one used in bsd, not from the UI)
-icloud username (your e-mail)
-files .lock (you can find these in \Users\username\Library\Application Support\iCloud\)
-pin code (the pin you just used to lock your mac- if you got locked by somebody else, please provide this - blocked by X)
-the time when you locked the machine with pin (check the time YY-MM-DD HH-MM)
-generated hash (start your locked mac and save the code displayed by pressing "Command-Option-Control-Shift-S" keys)
-your device model macbook/air/pro/imac/ 2,1, 5,2 late2006/mid2012
-your mac serial number
-the lenght of the pin code (4 or 6)
-*if you think any files or information can help, please provide (like those .efires)

It should help me very very much to clear something:

on the same machine, using one account: lock the mac and save attachments.. unlock...leave it for a few hours (maybe a day is better) then lock again and save attachments again

on the same machine, use two accounts (X and Y), but use the same icloud account, provide the same kind of attachments after you lock the machine by each user (lock pin by X, note and save attachments) and unlock... then lock by Y, note and save another attachment) - (I'm interested if is there's something common in generated keys-pin)...

I will text, dec, hex, everything I can to find a relationship between the pin and the generated information.
I will buy a 2012 MacBook Air to test this as well in a few days (just sold my old MacBook Pro, and now I'm using my even older pc :D)

PS: I'm free and available online like 18/24 7/7 for the next few days, so please give some feedback

I take the responsability that the information provided to me it will be use for development purposes only ! privacy guaranteed !

please save the attachment with the following name: username-date-time (where username is your username, date is YY-MM-DD and time is HH-MM)

(I was involved in perfecting hackintosh system, DSDT, artificial intelligence project, RAM SPD chip unlock, pinmod and voltmod, etc, just google for me)

Hey vladichimescu

Please also check this thread at hackmac for some more info and tests conducted on the hash: http://www.hackmac.org/forum/topic/1269-help-with-hash-theory/

I am zenmaster on that thread :)

Best wishes

Last edited:

vladichimescu

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
hope is soon

I tried buying a locked MacBook Air 2012 but didn't worked out ok so now I'm dealing for a brand new MacBook Air 2012 - hope to get it in one week, and then I will try every thought I have (my free time is up so I'll do this when possible)

djollie

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
uk scotland
I tried buying a locked MacBook Air 2012 but didn't worked out ok so now I'm dealing for a brand new MacBook Air 2012 - hope to get it in one week, and then I will try every thought I have (my free time is up so I'll do this when possible)

some stuff contained in these threads also

http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=126204&

http://ho.ax/posts/2012/09/ida-pro-scripts-for-efi-reversing/

http://ho.ax/posts/2012/06/unbricking-a-macbook/

i'll be sending u data from my macbook pro asap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.