Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacLadybug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 6, 2008
Trying to use some of Drive Genius 3 LE's features but they require that you boot from a startup dvd. I followed the instructions to burn a dvd from install Lion app. I thought that I would choose it as my startup... boot up and then be able to choose my Drive Genius app and go to work. Since I've never done this before I obviously am missing a step somewhere.

Everytime I reboot using the DVD it brings me to a screen that only gives me Lion utility functions... Install Lion, Install Time Machine Backup, etc.

What is the magic trick to reboot and be able to use my apps? What am I missing?

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Trying to use some of Drive Genius 3 LE's features but they require that you boot from a startup dvd. I followed the instructions to burn a dvd from install Lion app. I thought that I would choose it as my startup... boot up and then be able to choose my Drive Genius app and go to work. Since I've never done this before I obviously am missing a step somewhere.

Everytime I reboot using the DVD it brings me to a screen that only gives me Lion utility functions... Install Lion, Install Time Machine Backup, etc.

What is the magic trick to reboot and be able to use my apps? What am I missing?

Any help is appreciated.

If you already have Lion installed you don't need a DVD, just boot into recovery. If you have Snow Leopard installed just install from the app in SL.

itickings

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007

When they say boot DVD, I think they mean their Drive Genius 3 bootable DVD (probably not included with LE) specifically, and not just any bootable DVD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.