Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s2smooth4u

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Just wanted to know how others people reception is working?

Id say mines decent. Works well in the marina area and Culver city area. Basically just comes and goes...wish it stayed all the time though...

M Powered

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
Just wanted to know how others people reception is working?

Id say mines decent. Works well in the marina area and Culver city area. Basically just comes and goes...wish it stayed all the time though...

I'm in Woodland Hills, SFV - 3G Bar is almost always at 2-3 outdoors and 0-1 indoors but I never lost reception yet so....

s2smooth4u

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
ahh nice ive had one or two dropped calls nothing to big hopefully At&T will get there act together with their 3g network

Seibikitei

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
Yarmouth, ME
Ventura/Oxnard 3G seems to be pretty well setup but go a little east to Camarillo and it drops out pretty hardcore. Now up the hill and into Thousand Oaks, Agoura Hills, and even Simi Valley it seems pretty good though admittedly I keep it off most of the time since I live and work around Camarillo and Point Mugu.

Ahambone

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2008
I live in Playa Del Rey and get ZERO bars in the apartment building I'm in. However, if I walk out of the apartment a few feet, I get a few bars. The phone reception in the apartment and around the immediate area is also horrible; I haven't figured out why yet. Luckily, I've got Wifi at home, so the lack of 3g there isn't a problem.

I'm at my job right now in Santa Monica- 5 bars of 3g.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.