HP OfficeJet D-135/145 and Mac OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by eric_n_dfw, Jul 25, 2002.

1. eric_n_dfw macrumors 65816

eric_n_dfw

I am looking for an easy way to scan in a lot of documents at fax resolution (72-100 dpi). I also want to be able to scan photos at 300-600+ dpi. The HP OfficeJet D-145 (or maybe even the D-135) "sounds" like the answer to all my problems, but it sounds like the OS X software is very flakey. (see http://www.macksonline.com/phpBB/index.php for some horor stories)\

Has anyone here used it? Specifically the sheet-feeder for scanning on OS X? What about on a PC?

Does Epson, Canon, or anyone else make a better solution?
    Thanks for any info!

2. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

I've personally been an epson fan myself, had some bad experiences with HP in the past, I've not personal experience with that item tho nor do i know of the "flaky"X drivers. For the most part I've heard people talk good about HP equipment.

3. eric_n_dfw thread starter macrumors 65816

eric_n_dfw

Bought the d-145

In case anyone cares, I went ahead and bought the D-145.

It's very nice. Scanning is very fast, especially considering it's over USB.

There are a few quirks and bugs in the OS X software, but it's fairly stable.

I haven't done much printing on it yet, but what I have done looks very nice. It is a bit slow for some reason, though.

The document feeder (which is the primary reason I bought it) is great! The OS X Scanning software, while simple, is satisfactory.

4. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

I am not real happy with any HP software for the mac. It all is written like crap. But right now you can get OS X native scanners from HP. Cool.

-Pete