Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gto55

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Tel Aviv
Oppo also announced a quadcore smartphone with FULL HD screen

Along with these real photos of the Oppo Find 5 some specification details were also corroborated including the 5 inch display with 1920 X 1080 resolution, 2GB RAM, quad-core Qualcomm 8064 CPU and impressive 12 mega-pixel rear camera!
Back to the design of the Oppo Find 5 which in my mind looks like it has taken some styling tips from the current range of Nokia and Sony phones which together has created one of the best looking and possibly most sort after Chinese phones of 2012!

http://www.gizchina.com/2012/10/17/...-find-5-leaked-quad-core-1920-x-1080-display/

hands-on-leaked-oppo-find-5-android-phone.jpg

leaked-oppo-find-5-photos-quad-core-chiense-phoen.jpg

Stropaganda

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
This phone is gorgeous. If it has a strong developer community, I'll get a Droid Incredible X this winter. I do not want to be stuck with Jellybean for a year.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
This phone is gorgeous. If it has a strong developer community, I'll get a Droid Incredible X this winter. I do not want to be stuck with Jellybean for a year.

Now this is very important. If the developer community is strong we can get rid of sense.

Does anyone know how strong it has been in the past for Verizon's "droid" branded devices?

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
I had another go with the Note 2 the other day and though I love the concept with the S Pen and all, I have to finally admit that I just can't stand the cheap build quality & look of the thing. And the same goes for TouchWiz, so If I'd buy a Note 2 I'd have to root it and go stock JB to make it look and feel acceptable, which would then do away with the nifty S Pen functionality anyway. What's left then is a big screen phone with a light plasticky build - and compared to that, this HTC would honestly be quite a superior alternative.

So I don't see this phone just failing straight up as a competitor to the Note 2. The Note has it's strengths, but so does this one. Superior build quality/design + screen would be enough for many, I think.

I have just come from the iphone to the note 2 and I think not is it good on the inside but it is also a beautiful device in titanium grey. Its not as pasticy as I was worried about. The battery is awesome too.

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
Now this is very important. If the developer community is strong we can get rid of sense.

Does anyone know how strong it has been in the past for Verizon's "droid" branded devices?

Not so much, the thunderbolt and Incredible have both suffered. Looks like most cdma devices get the short end of the stick. That's why I'm hoping there's a GSM version ready for AT&Ts network.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I just am opposed to an all glossy plastic design. HTC usually has better materials.

In Japan though, I hear they associate glossy plastic with high-end, which is why everything that comes out over there looks like that.

Then I wish I lived in Japan because I prefer glossy plastic :p

----------

The LG Nexus prototype that Belorussian site reviewed said with Google on the back. I guess we'll have to wait and see if the final product will also have that

hallaisen

macrumors regular
May 28, 2006
Insane phone, pretty much exactly what I am looking for (would be perfect with stock android). Will quite likely be my next phone. I just hope it won't take too long to be released outside of Japan!

Apollo 13

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
The apps will not look right on the screen You'll be at the mercy of the developers updating their apps for just one phone and I don't see that happening. Hell i'm still waiting to see more tablet apps instead of using phone apps on my tablet.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
About the battery!

The LG optimus G is around 2100 I think....anyway that is considered very adequate for a S4 processor. It is a power efficient processor.

This phone looks good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3GhFnUP7rlQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_wEqBLN2CA8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gFi_Gwn2QJ4
Let's just hope it's enough to keep the phone charged with all of those pixels the screen is pushing. Otherwise, this phone looks fantastic!

coldmack

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2008

My friend who had the Droid Incredible said the community for that phone was great. Don't know about the Droid Incredible 2/S or the new Droid Incredible 4G as he moved to the iPhone 5 and LG Spectrum(which community is very lacking, but that screen is pretty sweet and what sold him).

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
My friend who had the Droid Incredible said the community for that phone was great. Don't know about the Droid Incredible 2/S or the new Droid Incredible 4G as he moved to the iPhone 5 and LG Spectrum(which community is very lacking, but that screen is pretty sweet and what sold him).

Thanks. We shall see!

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Damn, a 5" phone? Looks nice but if it is taller than the S3, it is too big .....for me. I didnt watch the videos either so if no MicrsoSD slot, deal breaker for me anyways even without knowing ho well the smaller battery lasts. Dont know why HTC cant give a good enough battery size for their phones.

I dont mind the plastic back....NFC wont work with metal so those who dont like it, you will get a plastic back next year on the next iPhone,...or something other than metal.

mcman77

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2011
Damn, a 5" phone? Looks nice but if it is taller than the S3, it is too big .....for me. I didnt watch the videos either so if no MicrsoSD slot, deal breaker for me anyways even without knowing ho well the smaller battery lasts. Dont know why HTC cant give a good enough battery size for their phones.

I dont mind the plastic back....NFC wont work with metal so those who dont like it, you will get a plastic back next year on the next iPhone,...or something other than metal.

It has a MicroSD slot plus its water proof.

The battery is supposedly very adequate. Like I said, its a little less than the optimus G and that easily lasts a little more than a day ( so it said it the review ). the S4 processor is very power efficient. Think this is also a lower powered screen ... ??

doomfront

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012

It really is. I have a Droid Incredible and 2+ years later the dev community is still strong. I have a stable version of ICS running right now.

Part of the reason why I love Android so much is because of the community, I get bored with phones too easily. But trying out different ROMS is like getting a new phone with each flash. I love it

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I watched the videos today that were posted above. The last one was with the HTC next to a GS3. The HTC Butterfly is much bigger than the GS3 overall so thats takes me out of the game. The GS3 is as big as i want to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.