Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rlkv011

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
I tried resetting the smc after it turned on my air's fans were racing at full speed and the battery icon has an X in it indicating that there are no batteries available. Did I do the SMC reset wrong? Can someone give me a detailed step by step? Any indicators that the SMC reset worked?

Darge13

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2008
When you do the reset watch the light on the magsafe. It should go off and back on when you release.

spec

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2008
further help

hello,

I own a MBA and am experiencing problems with iSight camera as it is not recognized by any application and doesn't appear in the USB tree (system profiler).

Mac support recommends to perform a SMC reset. I just tried (held control+shift+option+power for 6 seconds, then waited 5 seconds before pressing power button again) and found myself with no battery available + huge fan roaring. To come back to regular situation I tried the SMC reset again, without holding control+shift+option+power for more than a second.

no more noise, and available battery now. though, how should I perform the SMC reset, how long should I hold the control+shift+option+power before releasing it?

can anyone walk me through?

will this fix the iSight?

your help will be GREATLY appreciated! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.