Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
after the many kernal panics I have had with my iMac, I tried to run AHT and it couldn't probe. So after long hours on the phone with appleCare, I am returning my beloved iMac. If they can't find anything wrong i will cough up a cough********cough. Then I will ask for da Power Book. simple as that.

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
thegreatluke said:
Just because your iMac didn't work properly doesn't mean every iMac won't work properly.

Get an iMac!

Nah, I miss portability too much.

Stay tuned

WILL THEY EVER FIX THOMAS' IMAC?

WILL I BE RECIEVING A POWERBOOK G4?

WILL THEY FIND NOTHING WRONG AND I SAY BULL CRAP?

STAY TUNED AND FIND OUT!

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
lilstewart said:
I *highly* doubt you'll get a PowerBook.

Oh, and stop spamming the damn forums. :rolleyes:

and you highly doubt this why...BTW, I can read the white text

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
Good for you, I don't really care. :) :rolleyes:

Because you would, at the max, get a replacement iMac. Look at iGary's problems in his thread, I mean come on. :rolleyes:

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
lilstewart said:
Good for you, I don't really care. :) :rolleyes:

Because you would, at the max, get a replacement iMac. Look at iGary's problems in his thread, I mean come on. :rolleyes:

That does make a lot of sense. If I am being told to take it home and I still have problems, well...I will really have to see what my options are.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
They'll try to fix it then return it to you.

Or, you could refund your money and save up for a powerbook or something, which i would hold out until intel, if your buying a 12" one.

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
lilstewart said:
They'll try to fix it then return it to you.

Or, you could refund your money and save up for a powerbook or something, which i would hold out until intel, if your buying a 12" one.

That is also a viable option

Maxiseller

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
Little grey, chilly island.
No chance you'll get a Powerbook!! They wouldn't have the policy to let you do that - has anybody else had the experience of an upgrade to another machine? Remember, the imac is consumer, the powerbook is pro.

On the other hand, I would fight to get your imac fixed. In my case they said unless there were multiple failures they wouldn't do anything, but at least get it looked at any repaired.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
imacintel said:
If they can't find anything wrong i will cough up a cough********cough. Then I will ask for da Power Book. simple as that.
I just want to say that if you type correctly, make sense, don't use "da" or something similar, you'll get a lot more respect on these forums. ;) :rolleyes:

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
thegreatluke said:
Just because your iMac didn't work properly doesn't mean every iMac won't work properly.

Get an iMac!

Maybe he wants a laptop. But if that's the case, he should at least get a macbook...

If he hasn't had it long, and it's defective, he should be able to return it without the restocking fee.

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
lilstewart said:
I just want to say that if you type correctly, make sense, don't use "da" or something similar, you'll get a lot more respect on these forums. ;) :rolleyes:

Thanks. Oh, and I hope you don't mind my location...:) :eek:

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Maxiseller said:
No chance you'll get a Powerbook!! They wouldn't have the policy to let you do that - has anybody else had the experience of an upgrade to another machine? Remember, the imac is consumer, the powerbook is pro.

On the other hand, I would fight to get your imac fixed. In my case they said unless there were multiple failures they wouldn't do anything, but at least get it looked at any repaired.

Yes, I am planning to take it in to try to get fixed not just return it and say" Hey, Give me a PowerBook."

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
OH! It's imacintel again. After reading your post here, I wonder what you did to cr*p up your imac just so you could get that portable you wanted.
Yeh I think you're pathetic :p i love white text too.
Unbelievable.

n-abounds

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
While you're at it, you should get a refund on your education. Clearly it wasn't worth however much it cost.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
As the way he's talking, he's probably not eligible.

I'll be surprised if he's in 6th grade. :rolleyes:

College Students and Teachers are only applicable.

n-abounds

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
lilstewart said:
As the way he's talking, he's probably not eligible.

I'll be surprised if he's in 6th grade. :rolleyes:

College Students and Teachers are only applicable.

Were you saying that to me? I don't get it. I didn't say get an educational discount...I said he should get a refund on his education (yes, all 6 grades of it). ;)

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
thegreatluke said:

Get an iMac!

looking around the internet and this site also, there seem to be issues with this intel imac...i have one and it's not bad for a rev a product, but it's still a rev a product and i keep this in mind...but i have always had issues with rev a hardware and software products and have come to expect it...that way, i don't get all bummed out

if he gets the macbook pro, which is also in its first revision, he may see some of the same issues, but within a couple of months, apple inc should have os x working better with the intel architecture more smoothly once they hear from thousands of users and what bothers them...nobody is better than apple when it comes to customer complaints and requests

thousands of everyday mac users, intel platform or not, is the best r&d out there and the best way for apple to address issues that may plague rev a hardware or software

when os x first came out, people here and everywhere in macdom were screaming bloody murder because it wasn't perfect, but it was a huge jump from os 9 to a bsd derivative unix operating system...it would take a couple of tries to get it right

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.