Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
And as a really young child, I actually remember seeing old Disney shorts on TV. This one in particular I've been looking for all my life... Mickey, Goofy, Donald, and someone else (probably Pluto) were in this beat up RV type vehicle. I don't remember many details, but to this day, I wish so badly that I could see it again. I think I'd cry if I did. :eek:

I too know what your talking about but don't remember what it was called.

I used to have pleasent memories of Duck Tails. But, watching the show recently, it's not quite how I remember it.

What was the name of the anime show that had robot cats that would combine together to form a giant fighting machine?

Edit: The caravan show is Mickey's Trailer

ezzie

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2006
Baltimore, MD
I used to have pleasent memories of Duck Tails. But, watching the show recently, it's not quite how I remember it.

can you catch Ducktales on TV anywhere? i'd love to see an episode or two again. that was my favorite cartoon when i was little...i even had Ducktales birthday parties two years in a row. :eek:

it is funny, though, how watching those old cartoons now just isn't the same. i found a VHS tape full of old saturday morning cartoons at my parents' house a few weekends ago, and i could barely sit through any of the shows! there was an episode of muppet babies, an episode of a show called "foofur", and a pee-wee's playhouse...among other things.

Black&Tan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2004
Ahh...the memories. Saturday morning fun. Cereal, cartoons, and a Marathon bar around noon.

Hong Kong Phooey
Speed Buggy
Bugs Bunny
The Herculoids
The Kroft SuperShow (with Electrowoman and DynaGirl™)

And weekdays:
Star Blazers
G-Force
Speed Racer
Johnny Quest
Spiderman

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Where in the world is Carmen SanDiego.
Oh my gosh! *squeal* I totally forgot about that show! I loved that Rockapella's song. And and and, I so bought the computer game. :eek: It was back in the days where you had to enter those tricky DOS prompts to load up the game. :eek: As for the show... the few states that I can still remember are probably due to that show. :p

Oh man, I just remembered another show, "Ghostwriter." Totally made me want those pens. To this day, I call those felt-tip pens Ghostwriter pens. So does my older sister. :D

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
Oh my gosh! *squeal* I totally forgot about that show! I loved that Rockapella's song. And and and, I so bought the computer game. :eek: It was back in the days where you had to enter those tricky DOS prompts to load up the game. :eek: As for the show... the few states that I can still remember are probably due to that show. :p

I was thinking of the saturday morning cartoon not the PBS game show.

Both were good though.

"She put the Miss in misdemeanor when she stole the beans from Lima"

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
Did you mean Gummi Bears? I wasn't sure if you meant this show or not. And yes, I did watch this show. Those darned bears w/ their special "juice."

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I have that theme song my library too. :eek:

And I remember Ghostwriter too! I even remember that the computer they used was a Mac of some kind and I always wondered how they just typed directly on the desktop.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Theres like 1 or 2 shows I can't remember. But I'll never find them again. One was an anime, I asked the folks at OtakuBoards and they didn't know what it was either!

Ho hum. I love nostalgia and I frequent its lands.

foofur6

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
can you catch Ducktales on TV anywhere? i'd love to see an episode or two again. that was my favorite cartoon when i was little...i even had Ducktales birthday parties two years in a row. :eek:

it is funny, though, how watching those old cartoons now just isn't the same. i found a VHS tape full of old saturday morning cartoons at my parents' house a few weekends ago, and i could barely sit through any of the shows! there was an episode of muppet babies, an episode of a show called "foofur", and a pee-wee's playhouse...among other things.

That's exactly where I got my screen name from! :)

sliceoftoast

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2012
In a Toaster
Captain Planet, he's a hero, gonna take pollution down to zero...:eek: :D
I've looked all over the net for it but haven't had any success unfortunately. Widget the World watcher was pretty cool as well.

Yep Captain planet was awesome, used to watch that on ABC every day after school. My iPhone is called Captain Planet.

senseless

macrumors 68000
Apr 23, 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
I've been trying to find an old animated cartoon that scared me as a child. It was strange in a 1950s modern style. It was about a man who got bitten by a mad, rabid dog and he became rabid also. I only saw it once when I was 7 and have never seen it again.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
You can watch ducktales using the moviebox app if you are jailbroken

in the web there are a bunch of sites to stream or download all these old cartoons

I for one used to love chip & dale, ducktales, dragonball, silverhawks, thundercats, pinky and the brain/animanics, he-man, gi-joe, voltron, gundam, ken fist of north star, ruroni kenshin, knights of the zodiac, Captain Tsubasa, rugrats et all I can keep going and going and going...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.