Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlindMellon

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2011
Potheads are all alike. Selfish and self centered...always thinking they know and you don't thus your argument against it is invalid. I lived with potheads...the absolute worst experience of my life. First hand experience bro. You guys need some Visine and a new hobby.
Same kind of generalization: All pot smokers are the losers you knew and your experience = everyone's. :rolleyes:

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Same kind of generalization: All pot smokers are the losers you knew and your experience = everyone's. :rolleyes:

Ok, just all the ones I have known were losers...I probably got lucky and only met the rotten ones...The rest are probably all on the up and up...:rolleyes:

Same goes for anyone else I talk to that have had the privledge of knowing one...

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Ok, just all the ones I have known were losers...I probably got lucky and only met the rotten ones...The rest are probably all on the up and up...:rolleyes:

Same goes for anyone else I talk to that have had the privledge of knowing one...

You probably know more pot smokers than you think. Many don't tell most people. ...it is illegal you know ..well in most places

Bad apples always ruin it for everyone... jailbreaking ...marijuana :D

Cancelled
Dec 28, 2012
Most peoples reasoning for jailbreaking IS in fact installuous, I believe they think that if they shut down the service, Apple is more likely to kind of "allow" jailbreaking. Now that the most popular thing is shut down it won't steal from their revenue. Aka taking one for the team.

Installous is just the most popular do a little googling there are lots more that work and are similar to installous not as good obviously but still good and there will always be a new installous wna be in the future so yeah...

builtex

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2013
With that falsehood, you expect people to then believe that the apps you do use via piracy, you do actually end up buying?

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
With that falsehood, you expect people to then believe that the apps you do use via piracy, you do actually end up buying?

I saved a lot of money by trying out an app first via installous and then deleting when I saw it was garbage....

This, no previews, has got to end...only half of my paid apps are in use....I'll miss installous as well as buy very little now.

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
just because you and the group you hang out with are thieves doesn't mean the vast majority of jailbreakers are.

Haha, I know I'm 20 days late, but this made me laugh.

Anyways, my opinion on the matter:

I am ecstatic that installous is gone. We just have to put up with the huge populace of 12 year olds complaining about it for a few more months, and then maybe jailbreaking can finally start to get away from its repuation as a virtual thieve's guild.

My only fear is that with the extreme loss of popularity in jailbreaking (i'd say even a 50% cut would be reasonable) due to the pirates going over to Android, Cydia developers will see a cut in ad-revenue (because that's obviously the only way a cydia dev will profit from a pirate) and it will push them away from iOS, and with the lack of developers there will be even less interest, resulting in a visicious cycle that doesn't end well for jailbreaking.

On a side note: Apple reallly needs to add a 15 minute trial in the app store. This could possibly increase app sales (or reduce them), but it would also destroy any argument that these pirates have pertaining to the reason they need installous.

Last edited:

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
Potheads are all alike. Selfish and self centered...always thinking they know and you don't thus your argument against it is invalid. I lived with potheads...the absolute worst experience of my life. First hand experience bro. You guys need some Visine and a new hobby.

My best friend in the world was a pothead, he was the best guy in the world, helping old ladies cross the street, driving people he didn't know home just cause someone he knew asked. He was the best guy in the whole world, and now hes dead.

Just because you lived with some potheads does not mean you have a sample rate large enough to make significant observation.

I'd give anything for him to come back to life, because he is one of those people who makes life better for everyone around him!

Schnedi

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2011
there's no need to be very smart to know that the vast majority want the jailbreak to use cracked apps... people want free things and with the JB they can have it.

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
5 years of jailbreaking for me... Not one pirated app... Nuff said...

JB /= Piracy... Does it assist piracy...? Maybe it does... But thieves will find another way if it isn't for Cydia... They just got an easy piggy back ride...

I did install installous... Out of curiousity and wanting to know if it really does work...

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
there's no need to be very smart to know that the vast majority want the jailbreak to use cracked apps... people want free things and with the JB they can have it.

You're wrong, if you did some research you'd kow you can get free apps now without being jailbroken thanks to the Chinese.

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
5 years of jailbreaking for me... Not one pirated app... Nuff said...

JB /= Piracy... Does it assist piracy...? Maybe it does... But thieves will find another way if it isn't for Cydia... They just got an easy piggy back ride...

I did install installous... Out of curiousity and wanting to know if it really does work...

Just because you don't pirate doesn't mean other people don't pirate.

I was at a store the other day that specializes in repairing iPhones. They advertised on their Facebook that they will be charging $10 to jailbreak. I was in there buying a knockoff lightning to 30 pin adapter and I will just say that the poeple who walked in and said "I will be there on Monday for the jailbreak" did not seem like the people that wanted to jailbreak to have iFile on their phone.

They probably don't even know that installious is gone.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World

I was at a store the other day that specializes in repairing iPhones. They advertised on their Facebook that they will be charging $10 to jailbreak. I was in there buying a knockoff lightning to 30 pin adapter and I will just say that the poeple who walked in and said "I will be there on Monday for the jailbreak" did not seem like the people that wanted to jailbreak to have iFile on their phone.

Didn't you post this already???

Generalizing means accusing thousands of jailbreakers to be thiefs and cheats...how about just saying some people pirate apps instead of all.

applelover4u

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2012
People here got to be fooling themselves who say they jailbreak but dont download pirate apps. Thats 100% a lie. America is built off saving money. 1 big rat race, if a american can save a pretty dime he will at all cost

2nd Most people who pirate apps wouldnt buy they app anyway so its no lost money, more then likely they will be a word of mouth refer for the apps thus in increasing sales for the developer

Schnedi

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2011
You're wrong, if you did some research you'd kow you can get free apps now without being jailbroken thanks to the Chinese.

those methods doesn't work for everyone. and with installous you can do it directly from your device.

SeanR1

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2009
Pennsylvania

I just love when people judge someone based on their looks.

applelover4u

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2012
those methods doesn't work for everyone. and with installous you can do it directly from your device.

YES it does.. Simple and it works, if it dont work for a person they dont know what they are doing

----------

this is whats wrong with people. How are you going to judge off looks?

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
People here got to be fooling themselves who say they jailbreak but dont download pirate apps. Thats 100% a lie. America is built off saving money. 1 big rat race, if a american can save a pretty dime he will at all cost

2nd Most people who pirate apps wouldnt buy they app anyway so its no lost money, more then likely they will be a word of mouth refer for the apps thus in increasing sales for the developer

wrong.....

i've spent about $150 on apps within the last year and a half or so... and will continue to do so that way I STILL have access to them after I upgrade to a device that jailbreaks are not accessible on, and to get on devices I don't want to jailbreak. Not to mention I feel good about supporting developers. It's like tipping your waiter/waitress...

So no, I don't download pirated apps, and still will not be when I jailbreak this time around. I'll be jailbreaking to be able to theme my device, customize it, and get some quick toggles.

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
I just love when people judge someone based on their looks.

One of the guys came in not to enquire about jailbreaking but he was asking for advice about whether he should upgrade his phone to an iPhone 4 with a cracked screen because somebody he knows was selling him an iPhone 4 with a cracked screen for $40. While they were talking he casually said "Oh I will be in Monday for the jailbreak"

If this guy is seriously considering buying an iPhone with a cracked screen I highly doubt he's going to be plopping down $15 for Mywi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.