Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

music.addict411

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
I've heard on other websites that Apple has the rights to the "i" Before iMac, iPod and iPhone.

They got the rights to the letter before the products shortly after releasing the first iMac.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Apple does not own a blanket right to everything "i" just the stuff they were able to think of.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
True

I've heard on other websites that Apple has the rights to the "i" Before iMac, iPod and iPhone.

They got the rights to the letter before the products shortly after releasing the first iMac.

He's completely right. I have to pay a 10 cent royalty to Apple everytime I use an "I".

Damnit, that's a quarter more I owe them!

thebiggoose

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2006
for whoever asked "i" stands for internets. when apple was developing the iMac...they marketed it s the first "ll in one internet capable machine. internetMac therefore iMac

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
for whoever asked "i" stands for internets. when apple was developing the iMac...they marketed it s the first "ll in one internet capable machine. internetMac therefore iMac

is your "a" key not working very well? i have problems with my space bar on my ibook.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Nice...

Okay...bonus question, since you seem to need a challenge.

What does the "i" in iPod stand for then?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.