Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aethier

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
Montréal, Canada
Hello, umm my problem is that when i try to download anything, it doesnt download. this started as of yesturday. i am using the newest verison of safari. i also tried with IE, and camino, but still doesnt work. Any suggestions?

thanks

aethier

HoBeau64

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2003
I am having the same problem. I zapped the PRAM and it didn't do anything. I can still download stuff but i have 2 click and hold command and then click on download to disc from the drop down menu. Does anyone no how to fix this!!! Its griving me crazy. :mad:

aethier

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
Montréal, Canada
Originally posted by HoBeau64
I am having the same problem. I zapped the PRAM and it didn't do anything. I can still download stuff but i have 2 click and hold command and then click on download to disc from the drop down menu. Does anyone no how to fix this!!! Its griving me crazy. :mad:

i think i had spoken too soon, for it still wont download, i think that it was just a lucky chance that the first download i came across worked, but still it doesnt work

aethier

aethier

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
Montréal, Canada
Originally posted by firestarter
Your disk is full? Your connection is unreliable and times out?

What happens when you can't download? Any error messages?

my disc isnt full, my connection is relaible, i tried with my other imac, running os 9 and i could download. i also tried with my ibook and i could download(running os x)
for some reason i cant with this computer.

i also tried reseting safari, and erasing the cache still doesnt work.

when i try to download it will either just not do anything, or go as if its about to start downloading then just stop

aethier

aethier

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
Montréal, Canada
Originally posted by HoBeau64
I can still download stuff but i have 2 click and hold command and then click on download to disc from the drop down menu. Does anyone no how to fix this!!! Its griving me crazy. :mad:

:( not even that works for me:confused:

aethier

HoBeau64

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2003
I talked to the Apple people and they said that my account had probably become damaged. They said i should create a new user id and transfer all of my data to it. I really dont know how anything could have happened but I tried what they said and it worked. It was just a real pain to have to transfer all of my files, but thats life. Good luck aethier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.