Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Z

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2016
I have a Mac Pro 1,1 running OS El Capitan 11.2 and iTunes 12.4. I tried to do the most recent update to 11.5 which failed. I used the Disk recovery to reinstall 11.2. Since then, none of the 4 accounts on my computer can sign into iTunes. There are multiple places in iTunes that one can click on that require you sign into your account. When I click any of those, simply nothing happens. No error messages, simply nothing. I tried to go back to a previous version of iTunes, but my library has been updated and it won't let me. Any suggestions?

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
You could try deleting the iTunes preferences in ~/Library/Preferences. You could also try to create a new library with Option Launch. After the problem is fixed, you could go back to the old one.

BTW, I had no trouble upgrading my 1,1 using the Combo Update. On the full reboot, I booted into Lion to restore the modified boot.efi and everything was fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.