Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
what am I doing wrong? New phone came today, did encrypted back up of old phone, restored new phone from this back up. Watch isn't paired to new phone and instructions in app say to reset watch before pairing to new phone. Checked history first and I'm glad I did, because it isn't showing in the app on new phone. What now?

Oakmhcky21

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
What history?

I paired mine to my new phone without reseting and noticed afterwords the activity stuff wasn't showing up, old or new. i reset both the phone and watch and it all appeared.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
This is what my language has looked like for the last hour:

$&!#%

I set up both phone and watch from back up, and 4+ months of workout history, gone.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
What history?

I paired mine to my new phone without reseting and noticed afterwords the activity stuff wasn't showing up, old or new. i reset both the phone and watch and it all appeared.

You reset all settings and your old activity showed up?

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Even if you forgot to unpair it from the old iPhone before backing it up, it should still have the automatic backup of the Watch from the day you backed up the old iPhone. Are you sure you picked the most recent backup of the Watch when you paired it to the new iPhone?

You can check the dates of the Watch backups by going to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage (under Storage) > Watch app.

You should be seeing a backup from the day you backed up the old iPhone.

Reactions: Armen

Oakmhcky21

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
No, I'm sorry. I meant to say i turned them off and back on.

None of my old activities were showing and the first 3 days of having the watch paired to the 6s+ were not showing either. I turned both off and back on and they showed up.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Ended up doing another backup (this time in icloud) of old phone, wiping new phone, and restoring from second backup. It worked... Yay!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.