Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I've had the iPhone 4 since launch day, and I can tell you that the antenna issue is nothing similar to other phones. I've gone through blackberries, 3 iPhones, and a few crappy flip phones, none of which dropped 2-3 bars while holding normally. It would be one thing if the bars were dropping, and 3G speeds didn't noticeably slow down, but that's not the case. I can begin loading a page in safari while the phone is sitting on a table, and almost immediately when I pick it up with my hands the page stops loading. It's ridiculous. And yes, I have a bumper on too! I was thinking that I might switch back to my 3GS, but the screen looks like something from the dark ages now that I've used the 4 for about a month. The samsung captivate looks pretty nice, but I'm pretty intimidated by android. I think that throwing away all the money I've spent on apps for the iPhone is not a very smart thing to do. So pretty much I'm stuck. Everything about the new iPhone is awesome, so it's a shame that the antenna has to ruin it (for me at least). Camera is great, screen unmatched, and face time is really cool! Is anybody in the same position as me? If so, what are you going to do? I'm not really sure what the best thing is at this point.

If you love iPhone, but hate the iPhone 4, just downgrade to a 3G or 3GS. Problem solved. Then you keep your apps that you have invested money in, you still get an iPhone, and it doesn't give you the trouble the 4 is giving you. Why move to some other phone if you generally like the iPhone's features?

APPLEHOARDER

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2010
i won't return it. It's like being in a relationship, would you leave ur significant other for that one annoying thing he/she does but is perfect in every other way. Heck, they are not even perfect in every other way, yet you love 'em still. You can buy other phones but it's not an iphone. Besides, all phones have a thing or two that annoy us all. Think about getting a bluetooth, i have a jabrastone that is just perfect:)

hindmost

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2009
The parameters placed round the query for advice on 'what to do' seem all-encompassing. This smacks of an undercover survey troll attempting to see what the elite level of the iPhone / Mac community intend vis a vis the iPhone 4.

He's not getting the answers he wants. He's only getting painfully blunt 'RETURN IT ! focused responses.

Sorry guy, the 'RETURN IT' response is the actual position of most. Some folks just are not cut out for this quirk of the iPhone. Steve Jobs said return it. We say RETURN IT.

MikieMcBikie

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2009
TN
No one will read this

No one will read this i said

so, is it just the short, less endowed men of the world trying to be all big and bad pointing out the flaws....or am i missing something?

MY phone works. I could pick the hell out of anything on this planet if i had nothing better to do... but a PHONE!!!!!

if you dont like the flaws, you get your money back. W...T...F...

I thought i could go to the apple forums and at least be able to read about features and glitches. But oh no, whiners there too. I seriously do not get it. I will come back to the apple forums(all of them) once the folks who feel like they are saving the world go away. Damn they are even giving your money back to go away, no wonder apple doesn't want to make an affordable netbook, tower, or "other". once you let the masses in you get all this ego driven ********. Have still YET to read about a better design(i think we should go back to the antenna you pull out of the top, that worked....)

anyways, no one read this...will be some random comment about me and cool-aid...and i could NOT care if i tried. I just wish i could go to a forum some where and read about useage and maybe ask a question. right now? no...i will figure it out myself and be alone with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.