Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

basuracan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2023
The dent is on the lower right screen part of the mac! What should I do? Is this covered by apple?

I believe it happened during shipping. Which would be their fault for not packing it correctly, right?

Or the repairman accidentally applied too much force but hoped I wouldn't notice.

It seems to be purely cosmetic as the mac works fine but this is still shocking and unacceptable, it will also lower the resale value. I want this to be fixed or replaced as well. What should I do?

Here are images of the damage. On the right side, the screen does not close fully and there is a half a millimetre gap.

Reactions: sydneysider88

basuracan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2023
I absolutely would be contacting Apple about this. Judging from the way that's bent upwards, I'm having a hard time picturing how that could have happened from mishandling while shipping.
perfect, i just realised that as well. Cannot be a shipping thing. The repairman did it. This is infuriating. Im going in store tmr but i want to also call them, i dont know what to expect, i feel like they will shaft me and offer a half arsed form of compensation. Can i also text them? They seemed to recently remove the chat function from the support website

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
The dent is on the lower right screen part of the mac! What should I do? Is this covered by apple?

I believe it happened during shipping. Which would be their fault for not packing it correctly, right?

Or the repairman accidentally applied too much force but hoped I wouldn't notice.

It seems to be purely cosmetic as the mac works fine but this is still shocking and unacceptable, it will also lower the resale value. I want this to be fixed or replaced as well. What should I do?

Here are images of the damage. On the right side, the screen does not close fully and there is a half a millimetre gap.

Haha I saw this when I clicked on your image. I guess Rule 34 applies in that someone somewhere finds damaged laptops erotic...

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 3.35.57 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.