Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iQuit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2005
Los Angeles
I have a custom Windoze PC and my dad's computer is too slow....all he uses it for is online banking and email, and that's all he can do (and still needs help sometimes lol) So I told him about the new iMac and he goes how much is it? I got twelve ninety-nine, and he goes, "That is it?". So he said he would buy it if I gave him my PC and I thought he was just kidding. He wasn't. Turns out I'm getting the 17" next week as soon as he gets paid! This is my first iMac and I have had an iBook, I switched to Mac last September.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
iQuit said:
I have a custom Windoze PC and my dad's computer is too slow....all he uses it for is online banking and email, and that's all he can do (and still needs help sometimes lol) So I told him about the new iMac and he goes how much is it? I got twelve ninety-nine, and he goes, "That is it?". So he said he would buy it if I gave him my PC and I thought he was just kidding. He wasn't. Turns out I'm getting the 17" next week as soon as he gets paid! This is my first iMac and I have had an iBook, I switched to Mac last September.

Congrats!

Enjoy the new comptuer.

image.php

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
If your big on music or sound in general, speakers.

Altec Lansing FX6021 will fit the bill

iQuit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2005
Los Angeles
I am on the education store. And it is $1199, and if I add one gig, it is still the same...why? I better buy it fast lol.

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
Somehow I think this is an intentional bonus from apple for buying their product so promptly :cool:

AZGINBOGA

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2004
iQuit said:

Great, Congrats!

Apple!Freak

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
East Coast
pknz said:
If your big on music or sound in general, speakers.

Altec Lansing FX6021 will fit the bill

Yeah, good deal at $180 (Macmall.com). I remember when they were $299.99. Pretty ridiculous at that price.

I also highly recommend the Harman/Kardon SoundSticks II which can be found for about $115 new on the web.

Good luck with your new Mac. I get my 17" on Tuesday.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Congrats! I'm envious... got my Rev. B in late May/ early June. Sigh. But these new ones... make me look like
drool.gif

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
devilot76 said:
Congrats! I'm envious... got my Rev. B in late May/ early June. Sigh. But these new ones... make me look like
drool.gif

Oooh, girl, I HEAR THAT!!!
I woke up this morning, got on the windows machine(MY AIRPORT HATES ME!! I'm gonna take a genius home to FIX IT FOR ME!), get on Apple.com and
HOLY PATOOTIE!!!
DROOL!

Will they be in-store today when I go to kidnap* my clerk/genius?
AND THE HOHHH! iPod.. HOW!!! 1!@!

yeah, wrong thread but I needed to get it out and I'm on a windows machine-- my thinking is impaired.

*I'm not gonna kidnap a clerk. I will tempt him to come to my home to fix my router with pies, and being his "go-fer" for the weekend.

/I WANT A NEW iMac!!
//I agree with devilot: DROOL.

achie25

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2005
looks like a very good upgrade to the imac. can you talk your dad into the 20" model or at least into adopting me? I would love a Imac as well ;)

Apple!Freak

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
East Coast
Lucky8 said:

Those are good, but not great. I expect the highest of clarity and sound when I buy a Klipsch product and these speakers just never impressed me. I liked their original ProMedia 2.1 setup (back four years ago or so). And still, those are extremely good speakers. About a year ago I upgraded from those to Logitech's 2.1 THX system which has twice the power, but still the original Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 were one hell of a set of speakers.

As far as good speaker brands go, all of the following are very good: Klipsch, Logitech, Altec Lansing, and Harman/Kardon.

iQuit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2005
Los Angeles
I can't get the 17". But I will be getting one GIG and 250GB HDD. :) I will tell you guys how it is. I am sooo psyched. I am just like,is this happening?

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
iQuit said:
I can't get the 17". But I will be getting one GIG and 250GB HDD. :) I will tell you guys how it is. I am sooo psyched. I am just like,is this happening?

I wish you all the best iQuit, sounds awesome. You have picked a perfect time with the just released update. Will look forward to hearing your update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.