Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iKIKO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
i bought me a new iPad last saturday, a white one 16g wifi only. and I'm very happy with it, nothing new, i have had iPad 1,2, all iPhones, and mac user etc etc.

the screen its absolutely perfect, no dead pixels, no pink or leaks, nothing. just perfect. i have tried tons of apps, and it doesn't get hot at all. it takes exactly the same amount of time to charge than my iPad 2. around 3 hours, it gets charged pretty quick.

so i don't get it ? why everybody on the forum says it takes forever to charge ?? and get hot ? and several screen issues??

why mine is perfect ? I'm a just a lucky guy ??? :D

and yes its a new iPad, not iPad 2, i have the 2 also, so i know the difference

:p

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
its like one of those old coffee commercials.

The announcer speaks. " We secretly switched the ipad 3 with an ipad 2 and they cant tell the difference."

jacob-07

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Everyone has different purchase experiences, just because you didn't have a bad experience with your iPad doesnt mean nobody else did.

Ecoh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2009
USA
i bought me a new iPad last saturday, a white one 16g wifi only. and I'm very happy with it, nothing new, i have had iPad 1,2, all iPhones, and mac user etc etc.

the screen its absolutely perfect, no dead pixels, no pink or leaks, nothing. just perfect. i have tried tons of apps, and it doesn't get hot at all. it takes exactly the same amount of time to charge than my iPad 2. around 3 hours, it gets charged pretty quick.

so i don't get it ? why everybody on the forum says it takes forever to charge ?? and get hot ? and several screen issues??

Just got a new iPad Saturday like you. It is perfect, and a beautiful screen. None of the problems I have seen here.

But today , while reading a National Geographic issue, it got just a tiny bit warm. I was playing a lot of the videos in the magazine, maybe that was the cause. Anyway, it doesn't stop me from enjoying it.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
The new iPad (3rd gen) takes 6 hours to fully charge from flat

That's my experience also...6-7 hours from the battery warning message at 10% Mine is also perfect. OP: The amount of people who do have issues is very small in comparison to the total amount of devices sold. Also man have higher expectations. The "Yellow" tint thread is a case in point. On the whole you will find that most of us are very happy.

For the record, I too have owned all three, and not a backlight bleed, dead pixel, or colour issue with any of them.

Lucky? Perhaps, but I have my own theory on this, but it's for another thread and I have posted it before.

iKIKO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
well im also happy as hell with it. its a beautifull and enjoyable device. glad to see you guys are happy with yours too :D

The Special One

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2012
Good to see that there are great ones out there...

I would have said much the same thing about my original I Pad, my daughter's I Pad 2 and the various I Phones that we have in the family. Apple makes great stuff. The I Phone and I Pad were visionary products which are well made in my experience.

I guess that's why I am a bit disappointed with the new I Pad and its screen issues. I have always been more than satisfied with my Apple purchase before now. Actually, the guys at the Apple Store were very decent in swapping out two I Pads and I'm not going for three in a row. It is though the first Apple product that I feel was sub par in terms of expectations and advertised qualities versus the reality of what I paid for. Not the end of the world or worth more exchanges, but still disappointing.

Oppressed

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2010
Not to be facitious here, but people on the internet tend to be a bit nit-picky about almost everything. Then they comment about it on the internet in hopes that someone will validate their feelings by agreeing with them.

Other then that I'm glad to hear you are happy with your purchase!

lol downrate

Last edited:

TheWheelMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
I would have said much the same thing about my original I Pad, my daughter's I Pad 2 and the various I Phones that we have in the family. Apple makes great stuff. The I Phone and I Pad were visionary products which are well made in my experience.

I guess that's why I am a bit disappointed with the new I Pad and its screen issues. I have always been more than satisfied with my Apple purchase before now. Actually, the guys at the Apple Store were very decent in swapping out two I Pads and I'm not going for three in a row. It is though the first Apple product that I feel was sub par in terms of expectations and advertised qualities versus the reality of what I paid for. Not the end of the world or worth more exchanges, but still disappointing.

**BEGIN HARMLESS JOKE**

Maybe if you had bought an iPad instead of an "I Pad", you'd be happier?

**and, END HARMLESS JOKE**

Giov

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2012

I don't quite get it as well why on earth do you have to rub it in? Show a little sympathy to those who are unlucky. Remember what comes around goes around. It doesn't happen to you this time but you never know what's going to happen with your future purchases. The last thing you want is for others to rub it in when you get unlucky. In the mean time, enjoy your new toy and congrats!

TheWheelMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
I don't quite get it as well why on earth do you have to rub it in? Show a little sympathy to those who are unlucky. Remember what comes around goes around. It doesn't happen to you this time but you never know what's going to happen with your future purchases. The last thing you want is for others to rub it in when you get unlucky. In the mean time, enjoy your new toy and congrats!

This is the MacRumors board, not the "Bitchy Apple Users Board." He has as much right to say something good about his experience as others do about their bad experiences, and there was nothing "rubbing it in" about his post. Don't be so sensitive. I'm sure has as much sympathy as others, but is just happy his experience was a good one. It's a GOOD thing to know every damn iPad actually isn't a dud, you know?

drober30

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
I can tell you my first one was not acceptable (yellow screen)! My second one is good.

Like many on this forum, I have bought an abundance of Apple products and my first iPad3 had a yellow, unacceptable screen color and my iPhone4 had a battery issue out of the box. It even arrived dead and had to be charged to activate it. Swapped it out at the Apple store and had that iPhone4 all the way up to my iPhone 4s, which has been great from day one!

There are a few defective devices that role off the line but the majority are right. Glade you started off with a good one! Makes the experience so much better!

rkahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010

Because you don't require a prescription.

iKIKO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
well i wasnt trying to throw it at nobodys face, just wanted to share my experience ;)

im glad to see that there are guys with perfect ipad too.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Congrats on your iPad.

I don't get it either. How could anyone else's experience possibly be different than yours? That's preposterous.

Your intentions are dubious.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar

Thats because most people don't have problems, but the few who do come here to complain about it, then a bunch who don't even own an iPad come in to jump on the wagon of the few who have an issue which turns into the <insert blown out of proportion problem here>gate threads.

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
This is the MacRumors board, not the "Bitchy Apple Users Board." He has as much right to say something good about his experience as others do about their bad experiences, and there was nothing "rubbing it in" about his post. Don't be so sensitive. I'm sure has as much sympathy as others, but is just happy his experience was a good one. It's a GOOD thing to know every damn iPad actually isn't a dud, you know?
Agree!

seadragon

Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
What I don't get is how it's possible for a new iPad to have the same charge times as the iPad 2? Same charger, but the batteries are very different in size.

Hmmm...

Last edited:

iKIKO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
What I don't get is Hww it's possible for a new iPad to have the same charge times as the iPad 2? Same charger, but the batteries are very different in size.

Hmmm...

well now im wondering the same, im going to drop it to 0 again and plug it and check the charging time, but that was my firdt impression. im going to give it another try

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.