Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cooper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2004
iBook 1GHz Combo (12" TFT) Z0A7 3-5 bus.days $1,483.00
256MB DDR266 SDRAM built-in 065-4999
40GB Ultra ATA drive 065-5003
Combo (DVD-ROM/CD-RW) 065-5006
AirPort Extreme Card 065-5009
Keyboard/Mac OS X - French Canadian C065-5012

iPod w/Click Wheel (20GB) - FR M9282C/A 6-8 bus.days $389.00

With Standard Shipping 8-12 days.

I can't wait!!! :D

Cooper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2004
Hi all!

I just have receive my iBook today! I'm so happy! :) That was really fast... The iBook was shipped wednesday from Taiwan. Only 2 days to receive it in Canada! And that was with standard shipping. That's amazing. The iPod will be ship next week.

The iBook is just perfect (no dead pixel!!!). The screen is so bright and I don't regret this 12". :)

I have to learn about Panther. I'm new on the Mac, so i don't know so much things. I think I will not sleep this night... :p

Thx to all for the help!

Cooper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2004
noel4r said:
just wondering, why didn't you order the Powerbook for $120.00 more? It's got AE and bluetooth built-in.

The price is in canadian dollar. The Powerbook was 400$ more. With this 400$, I can buy Office for Mac, a sleeve and add some ram. I also need to buy a wireless router.

Angelus

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2002
New Zealand
Congrats on buying your first mac. I switched nearly two years ago and haven't looked back since. Best of luck with your new mac and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask the good people here. There's a great sense of community and someone is always willing to help.

noel4r

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Los Angeles
Cooper said:
The price is in canadian dollar. The Powerbook was 400$ more. With this 400$, I can buy Office for Mac, a sleeve and add some ram. I also need to buy a wireless router.

ahh excellent choice then. i have a 12" iBook myself but I need to upgrade the ram. get that sleeve asap, i already have a couple of scratches on mine.

ozone

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
Ontario, Canada
Cooper said:
Hi all!

I just have receive my iBook today! I'm so happy! :) That was really fast... The iBook was shipped wednesday from Taiwan. Only 2 days to receive it in Canada! And that was with standard shipping. That's amazing. The iPod will be ship next week.

Hey congrats! *sigh* I must have angered the gods or something... it seems like almost everybody else is getting their order way faster than me. I'm up to 15 days since I ordered and my PB hasn't even been built yet, never mind shipped.

Nspace

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2004
Toronto, Canada
jayscheuerle said:
But I feel that Apple's resolution on their notebooks isn't tight enough yet. They've always been at the soft end...

I agree, on my 15" Powerbook I have adapted quite well, but for a company that has such a big niche in the design industry I would expect their screens to support higher resolutions. I know alot of the dells go up to like 1600 x 1050, and I have heard of some that are even higher! That would be real nice since I think the bigger the better :D

Congrats on the new Apple.

Brother Michael

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2004
Welcome to Macintosh.

For a sleeve I recommend the ZeroShock from Shinza.

For a carry case I recommend the Targus Elite. It has some super shock pads on it that make the 12" iBook fit very snuggly in it.

Mike

arrowhead

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2004
likewise.... congrats! i switched from PC to mac about 1 1/2 years ago, and pretty happy with it. btw, i have imac 1ghz w/ 17 inch LCD, running panther.

right now, i am in market for a new laptop and considering a 15-inch PB (1.5Ghz). this new machine will be used mainly for software development.

hp just introduced a laptop with linux pre-loaded, so that is also another candidate for me.

anyway, enjoy your mac!

jtgotsjets

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2004
Lawrence, KS
Congrats!
I have the same laptop (with more HD and more RAM), and trust me, you won't be disappointed with it. The 12" iBook is a wonderful computer.

letterbox

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2004
Nspace said:
I agree, on my 15" Powerbook I have adapted quite well, but for a company that has such a big niche in the design industry I would expect their screens to support higher resolutions. I know alot of the dells go up to like 1600 x 1050, and I have heard of some that are even higher! That would be real nice since I think the bigger the better :D

Congrats on the new Apple.

LCD's don't display well at non-native resolutions. The majority of people would probably not want tiny text and icons therefore such a high resolution would be for a niche market - not exactly conducive to the workings of a company that already caters to a niche market.

Cooper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2004
Do you think that's enough to add 256 mo? Or I should buy a 512?

For what I'm doing, I think the starting 256 mo is ok. But I'm a little slow in Warcraft 3 (the loading time when a game is starting).

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Cooper said:
Do you think that's enough to add 256 mo? Or I should buy a 512?

I'd always say go higher. RAM is relatively inexpensive, and I believe the iBook just has one slot to upgrade. You'll always need more RAM, so go bigger now (I think it will support the 1 GB module too) to avoid future frustrations.

I think you can grab a 512 MB stick for under $100 US.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.